Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1884

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

I finished another baby quilt for DS, his child is due soon. I used the Bernina 930 for quilting and White Rotary treadle for the binding on both quilts.
    I found a Cars panel that features, Mater the tow truck and McQueen the race car. For the backing I used an all over print with MCQueen and the binding is light blue with all of the vehicles in the movie.
    I did lots of FM quilting outlining the characters and played with filler quilting, it was fun.
    Sharon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Sharon, that's so cute! Is this quilt for the same grandchild that is due or is this for another grandbaby?
    I like the cars!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Sharon, that's so cute! Is this quilt for the same grandchild that is due or is this for another grandbaby?
    I like the cars!
    Monica,
    Thank you, I've been having fun making baby quilts for my son and his sweet gf.
    I've got a bad case of bronchitis again, so I'm getting lots of sewing done since the coughing keeps me awake. I've been finishing up some UFOs.
    Same baby, just wanted a smaller quilt that they can wrap the baby up in without it being as huge as the toddler size quilt. I showed it to them tonight, they loved it!! I bought the fabrics last year intending it for baby quilt for a foster baby.
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 02-05-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Oh, what cute baby quilts, Sharon. I loved the cars movie.... watched it with my greatDGD. She loved it, too. Get better soon. Bronchitis is not fun.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Thanks Jean (aka nanna up north). I was having fun just doodling with my sewing machine. I'm getting better not as much coughing.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Sharon I like your baby quilt. I like the cars theme our grandson loves cars. He even has a pillow of mater.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    I know I have been away for a while but, with all the bad weather but I have tried to keep busy sewing. So wanted to show you what I have done. The tote bags I made and sold so I could buy more material. The little girl quilt I just had fun with this one.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Trish, The little girls quilt is cute! Are you going to just quilt around the hearts and girls in an echo effect? The cross star is pretty too. Great idea with the bags. Where I live in CA, one has to bring their own bags for grocery items. The quilted bags are a great idea since they can be washed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Trish, The little girls quilt is cute! Are you going to just quilt around the hearts and girls in an echo effect? The cross star is pretty too. Great idea with the bags. Where I live in CA, one has to bring their own bags for grocery items. The quilted bags are a great idea since they can be washed.
    Yes that is how I am going to quilt the little girls and maybe quilt a heart in the center of the bigger heart. Thanks for looking.

Trish

Oh my, Trish, you have been busy. I love the idea of using a quilt block on your quilted bags. I never know what to do with leftover blocks. I made a few into potholders but some are just too big. And the quilts are so nice..... really pretty arrangement on the blue quilt. And the little girls and hearts are just too cute. It looks like you're making good use of your time in this cold weather.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Trish,
    You've been very busy! Thanks for sharing your pictures. The tote bags are great. I think the little girls and hearts is my favorite.
    I've made quite a few potholders with left over/goofed up quilt blocks.
    Sharon

Well, I have to show off the quilt my 1947 FW and I finished today. The blocks were sewn with the FW and the colored squares were hand stitched down. But, it's done.... it took a long time. This one is for my DD and her DH for their 25th wedding anniversary.
    --- Jean

Blog Entries
    Jean what a wonderful cathedral quilt you have made. DD and DH will love it. You have inspired me to make one for myself. Nice work.

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Jean, lots of work in this one. But, it is soooo pretty. DD and DH will love it also because you made it for them.
    I'd say you put the little FW to the test and she came through with pretty colors. Really nice work.
    Trish

Trish

Thanks Glenn. Thanks Trish. You all are too kind.

Yes this one is labor intensive..... so keep that in mind if you start one, Glenn. Mine has 25 rows, 22 blocks across..... 550 blocks. I figured that it took about 40 yards of muslin. The color squares were from my stash. It's on a queen sized bed.
    --- Jean

Blog Entries
    Jean, Your quilt it gorgeous! Such a special quilt for an auspicious occasion. Beautifully done!

Jean, that is simply amazing. Congratulations on such a beautiful result! I would love to try a cathedral quilt one day. It's just stunning!

Absolutely stunning!

Thank you vintagemotif, frudemoo, and Monroe. I so appreciate your compliments.

This was a 'have to' quilt. My mother-in-law made us a quilt for our 25th anniversary.... now I've made one for my DD and her DH.... but I think that's the end of that tradition. My DD says that no way she's making a quilt for my DGD.... I'll probably have to do that one, too.
    --- Jean

Nanna-up-north,
    Your Cathedral Window quilt is lovely! I'll bet it weighs a ton too.
    Sharon

Log Cabin I made for my son from my stash
    Name:  Log Cabin1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  282.5 KB

Blog Entries
    D Dale, Very nice I like your choice of blues. Your son will love it I'm sure.

Trish

Love that blue log cabin...nice!

Great quilt for a fella. Really well designed and the fabrics are excellent.

What a lovely quilt, Ddale. I have a special love for log cabin quilts. That's the block I started with so many years ago. And yours is so bright. Which one of your vintage machines did you use? We like to know that stuff.
    --- Jean

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast