Riccar 707 help

Old 10-27-2020, 11:28 AM

Default Riccar 707 help

I am grasping at straws here, but is there someone with a Riccar 707 or 807? I could really use a video or pix of the inside of one of these, especially in the area that controls the reverse button. I thought I put it together correctly but not sure, and still can't get it to go forward. The mechanism is not locked up, but something's wrong! It goes forward until I put the top layer on, then its back to reverse. I didn't take enough pix before taking it aprt. <sigh>
MrsD
Old 12-27-2020, 06:52 AM

Can you post a photo of the dial and all its components? I have a Riccar 808e but the parts should be the same.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM

Thank you for taking time to reply. I don't know how to post pix. However, I also have to admit that I was wrong when I said it was not locked up. There was a part that was absolutely fused and I had no idea it was supposed to move or that it could affect what I was looking at. Once I got it moving again, the machine goes forward. A victory!
There are still other issues, but I know now to check other areas likely to need cleaning and oil. I was too frustrated to continue so I put it up for a while. Even so, it is a wonderful machine.