Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Second featherweight - a real bargain >

Second featherweight - a real bargain

Second featherweight - a real bargain

Old 06-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

Lucky YOU !!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Well, Mr. Stitchnripper thought there should be some electrical tape on the part of the controller that plugs into the machine. Except it sparked once when we plugged it in. I ordered a new cord set and my other Featherweight isn't here right now so will bring that cord home next week when I fetch it. I hope he didn't cause any real damage - otherwise the machine is very quiet. I oiled it, greased the gears and lubed the motor with the singer vintage lube, according to Nova Montgomery's video. It was very clean. I got almost no fuzz out of it, or dried grease (since it was bone dry). Had a problem with the light. I tried a new bulb but saw on line that some of the new bulbs don't sit properly. I took a bulb from the 66 and it works fine. Put the new bulb into the 66 and that works fine.

I also got the TR-3 resin glaze. The auto store I went to had no idea what I was talking about so I ordered it on Amazon. I do try to go local, but didn't want to have the same experience I had with EvapoRust. I did find it, but, it took me a long time to drive around to all the prospects. I find asking by phone doesn't give good results. Because I don't think they really look. I haven't tried it yet.

And the cold is gone, yippee!!