Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Shopping for my first industrial machine, recommendations? >

Shopping for my first industrial machine, recommendations?

Shopping for my first industrial machine, recommendations?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ltyler View Post
I’m shopping for my first industrial machine. I work mostly with heavy upholstery fabrics and leather. Any recommendations?
Get yourself a consew 226r or consew 206rb
or get a juki 562 walking foot sewing machine
If you find a singer walking foot, make sure it has reverse.

Make sure it has reverse and servo motor. If no servo motor then you can buy off amazon for $70. Servo motor will help alot!
I would suggest not to buy a pfaff or german sewing machine as their parts are more expensive and more technical when repairing.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by kt53sews View Post
Depending on your location I would check with an industrial dealer. I used to have a Singer 31-15 and it would sew the heavy stuff. My "old" Viking 6440 can sew those things, I put in motorcycle jacket zippers with that machine for years. They are hard to find. Wish I could find one that some one has used lightly over the years, I would scoop it up. Unfortunately they leave them site and they get all locked up. When you do find one be aware they do go fast and they sew after you take your foot off the pedal. You might look for a Brother Walking Foot machine. That would suit your purpose too.
You're right- those 6000 series vikings are fantastic and powerful for a domestic machine. Put 'er in low and go! I have 4 at the moment, with one to go away this week. All have been gone through and work as new, and appear almost new. I buy all the good ones I can find and refurb for sale. You just can't get machines like this anymore.