Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 1938 buttonhole attachment 121704 >

Singer 1938 buttonhole attachment 121704

Singer 1938 buttonhole attachment 121704

Old 10-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Default Singer 1938 buttonhole attachment 121704

Hello -

I recently bought a singer 201 sewing machine in a model 42 cabinet. In the cabinet there was a buttonhole attachment in the box for the 121795 attachment. But the actual attachment was the 121704. I have looked everywhere for a manual for this specific buttonhole attachment and there is nothing out there available for download. I really would like to know how to use this without guessing. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has one of these attachments and/or the manual that goes with it? If so, is there anyway you would be willing to share that with me, or even better, with the rest of the world as well? I'm going to attach a photo of the buttonholer.

Thanks -
Liz Else

Attached Thumbnails 121704.jpg  
Old 10-02-2020, 04:10 AM

There is a manual for the Famous Buttonhole Attachment at http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...parts-list.pdf it isn't the greatest scan.but is basically the same buttonhole attachment.

From my understanding, "Famous" made the buttonhole attachments for Singer in the early years and had their own numbers for use on Singer machines. Famous and Greist made the buttonhole attachments for Singer.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 10-02-2020, 06:49 AM

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help!