Singer 328 k manual?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM

PM me - I think I have two manuals for my 328K. You can have one.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
PM me - I think I have two manuals for my 328K. You can have one.
I don't know how to PM. I will have to figure it out. I did download a manual from the net. It is 82 pages long so if that is the right pages I won't need yours although it would be nice as I bet it is compact.
I am so pleased with this machine! A blessing. Now if I can find a treadle cabinet. I am tickled that it can be treadled.
Thank you for your offer.
Lynda
Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Did you get any cams with it? I have two or three duplicate cams if you want them.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Lynda, I treadle a Singer 328k. This machine is rather light compared to some other machines.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318574[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318575[/ATTACH]
How did you treadle your machine? I can see where the belt would go but not how to get the other off. There is a treadle machine at the same thrift store I got this machine at but the machine in the desk looks pretty bad but the table is in good shape. I will have to look at the price. I know I could buy a new table but the old would be so nice.
Lynda
Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
Did you get any cams with it? I have two or three duplicate cams if you want them.
There was only one cam with the machine. I would love to have more. Let me know how much you want. I sent you a PM with my email address.
Thanks so much. I had wondered if I could get parts for it. I cleaned it today and I am in love with it already!!
Thanks
Lynda
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
How did you treadle your machine? I can see where the belt would go but not how to get the other off. There is a treadle machine at the same thrift store I got this machine at but the machine in the desk looks pretty bad but the table is in good shape. I will have to look at the price. I know I could buy a new table but the old would be so nice.
Lynda
You take the side plate off(which is done in that photo), loosen the hand wheel to slide it and stretch the belt enough to take it off the motor (at least I think that is how I did it).
Old 03-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
There was only one cam with the machine. I would love to have more. Let me know how much you want. I sent you a PM with my email address.
Thanks so much. I had wondered if I could get parts for it. I cleaned it today and I am in love with it already!!
Thanks
Lynda
I love mine, too! I did the applique on my table runner with it, and it did a great job! My future plan is to find a treadle base for it. I will go through my cams and see what duplicates I have and send them to you, no charge. It may take me a couple of days -tomorrow is really busy and my quilt guild meets tomorrow night. I will go through them on Tues. Which cam did it come with? There should be a number on one side of the cam. Not the part number, but one of the numbers 1 - 35. It is probably cam #1 - I think most people left that cam in the machine most of the time.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Default singer sewing machine 328 manual.

DEAR LINDA: AS I WAS STROLLING AND SEARCHING THE WEB I CAME ACROSS THE QUILTING BOARD
AND SIGNED UP WITH THEM. I NOTICE THAT YOU HAVE POSTED OR NOTED THAT YOU MAY HAVE TWO SINGER SEWING MACHINE MANUALS FOR THE SINGER SEWING MACHINE 328. IF YOU DO WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW. SINCERELY, MRS. SARAH HALL.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by faithquilter5811 View Post
DEAR LINDA: AS I WAS STROLLING AND SEARCHING THE WEB I CAME ACROSS THE QUILTING BOARD
AND SIGNED UP WITH THEM. I NOTICE THAT YOU HAVE POSTED OR NOTED THAT YOU MAY HAVE TWO SINGER SEWING MACHINE MANUALS FOR THE SINGER SEWING MACHINE 328. IF YOU DO WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW. SINCERELY, MRS. SARAH HALL.
Welcome to the Quilting Board! After I checked on my 328 manuals, I realized that only one was for the 328, so I don't have an extra. I am so sorry! But if you scroll up to near the beginning of this thread, there is a link where you can download a manual.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Lynda, I treadle a Singer 328k. This machine is rather light compared to some other machines.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318574[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318575[/ATTACH]
I know this is quite an old post reply. But I hope this reaches you.
I have this same machine (328K) and two manuals. One the came with the machine and one I downloaded that covers the 99 series to the 400 series. In that downloaded manual, a Singer wrought iron treadle base is shown and talked about how to maintain it. I love those bases and have wanted one for quite some time.. But husband didn’t think our machine could fit in one until I showed him the manual and happened upon this old post showing you had installed your same machine into one!
My questions are these, did you have to do any modifications to the wood cabinet for your machine to fit, and what were they?
Thanks!