Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 347 Surprise

Singer 347 Surprise

I didn't need it Spotted it in a thrift in a slightly broken plastic case. I was hoping it had a 4 prong plug like the Rocketeeer, nope, just three, but still the basic shape. I glanced at the price and put it down. I don't need a ho hum machine. Then the GF saw it and fell in love with the colors. and we noitced the 1/2 price off electronics sign. OK, It came home, a bit of cleaning and a lot of oil and we have an auminum bodied zif zag 347. If it dies, we aren't out a lot of money. A bit of weirdness; it has one cam hidden under the top which is screwed down. (Top, not the cam). Oh well, nice stitches andZZs too.

Name:  dual green singer face b.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  30.7 KB Name:  dual green Singer front b.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  32.0 KB

It needed a bobbin...hehe
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

My husband is a boyfriend like you, lol. If I say Oooooooooooo he usually says yes.

Singer model 327K

I found a similar machine at one of those permanent yard sale situations. It is a Singer model 327K made in 1964. It has the single zig zag cam like yours. The foot peddle and power cord are hard wired to the machine. There was no case with it but it would have shipped with a one piece cover that clipped to the ends of the bed. Its a low shank foot and class 66 drop in bobbin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love both of these machines! Great looking - kitschy and functional. I'm hoping to find something this amazing one day! Good to know they are still out there.

Blog Entries
    I like the second one best.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Thank you Miriam. Now that I look closer, these two machine aren't all that similar. I should have started my own post instead of riding Leon's coat tales. Oh and sadley the 327K has two plastic gears. But, its still running and the gears look easy to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressmaker View Post
    I found a similar machine at one of those permanent yard sale situations. It is a Singer model 327K made in 1964. It has the single zig zag cam like yours. The foot peddle and power cord are hard wired to the machine. There was no case with it but it would have shipped with a one piece cover that clipped to the ends of the bed. Its a low shank foot and class 66 drop in bobbin.

I have that machine! Bought new by me at a Singer store in 1964. It still runs great. I can oil it myself now.
    Alyce

Fine with me, Dressmaker.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal