Singer model 101 questions

Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Having read all the entries above concerning a 15 91 potted motor--and parting a machine out--might this mean that I could buy the motor from whichever one of you has it. If so, please pm me--I am sure mine is dead in the water, and even though I don't have time for such as this right now, if I had a working motor in front of me, I would try it out--time or no time.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

I have a couple 15s and a 201 with really bad non moving potted motors. DH says no way he will rebuild them. Mizkaki says she has some belt guard/hand wheel guards with bobbin winders. You can pm Mizkaki and get more details from her she is the true guru - I really look up to her and have a lot of respect for her. She does have parts for a lot of machines and she does know a lot about the needles. I think she has forgot more than I'll ever know. I've just ordered some of the guards from her. I'll have to take the bobbin winder off the new guard and put the one from the original machine on the new guard. That is hard work - I've already tried it. Then put an external motor on the machine with belt and foot control, etc. I'm figuring on doing that with the machines that are not turning because the motor is very locked up. I don't know what else to do. The ones that turn will get other attention eventually I hope. You might be able to pull a guard off a clone and make it work.