Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer model 756 manual plus throat plates >

Singer model 756 manual plus throat plates

Singer model 756 manual plus throat plates

Old 09-07-2017, 04:19 AM

Janey; I looked through the manual and it shows the 'plates' that were in a drawer, like you listed.
The bobbin is unique to say the least, comes apart to remove left over thread.
Interesting feature on the machine, is the in-place-bobbin winding. Wonder why that idea is not used more often now.

Am hoping to find someone who can use these items, for postage, as the only Singer I have is my Featherweight.
I am not a collector of machines.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Janey; I looked through the manual and it shows the 'plates' that were in a drawer, like you listed.
The bobbin is unique to say the least, comes apart to remove left over thread.
Interesting feature on the machine, is the in-place-bobbin winding. Wonder why that idea is not used more often now.

Am hoping to find someone who can use these items, for postage, as the only Singer I have is my Featherweight.
I am not a collector of machines.
The bobbins were used for the Touch & Sew series. However, some of the techs and users have called it Touch & Throw or Touch & Swear or other such names from my understanding. Kind of a novel idea being able to wind in place or remove the thread easily by screwing apart. However, the quality of the bobbins and the parts that are needed to wind in place was not really very good. I've heard that the replacement bobbins don't work very well. Also because they were plastic, they could warp or be easily nicked so that they didn't work. Another thing about these machines was that to save cost they put more and more plastic in and on them. The plastic didn't wear well.

I haven't tried the replacement bobbins, yet. The things I like about this series of machines is mainly the chain stitch ability. I can't remember if 756 does the long basting stitch but I know the 770 does.

pm coming also

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.