Singer No. 127 parts query

Old 07-17-2020, 02:15 AM

Hello,
Having disassembled a few Singer 27/127s, I can tell you that is definitely not a part that belongs to the machine itself. The clip thingy is absolutely a piece of a tucker attachment, but the zig-zag bends were put into it by someone, as it is normally quite straight on both sides. Honestly, it looks to me like the whole was put together by someone (or someone's husband?) as a helping device to be fastened to a table or surface with the clamp end, and then to hold something that could be fitted into the clip end. The clip doesn't look strong enough to hold say, a manual or book pages, but might hold pieces of fabric or some such.

Matt
Old 07-17-2020, 03:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
.... The clip doesn't look strong enough to hold say, a manual or book pages, but might hold pieces of fabric or some such.

Matt
maybe a homemade tool for this ? https://www.amazon.com/CLOTILDE-TH-1...language=en_US
Old 07-17-2020, 08:17 AM

Could be! Doesn't look like a very strong clip, but I would be so curious to know what it was used for.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:41 AM

Interesting, some kind of special purpose jig, maybe for curtains, sails, or other long wide hem project.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:47 AM

I'm no expert on anything, but I would say that neither of those items are part of the Singer machine. The small clip looking thing has had couple of good (and I assume accurate) explainations. The clamp is not part of sewing.... it is more industrial and was probably put on (as someone else said) the twine with the clip as a holding device.....maybe hubby didn't have anything smaller in his garage!!! Regardless, expect to find some "strange" things in the drawers of some machines!!! FYI... I have some unusual "tools" in my tool box I made for my motorcycle!!!