Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer Standard Accessory Kit Case - Info/Help >

Singer Standard Accessory Kit Case - Info/Help

Singer Standard Accessory Kit Case - Info/Help

Old 12-05-2022, 08:38 AM

Default Singer Standard Accessory Kit Case - Info/Help

Hello All,

I came across this black, suitcase sized case while cleaning out an office building I was helping to move. Pictures attached. It is extremely solid built and has purpose built dividers and straps to store and secure specific contents. The only identification is a tag on the side indicating it is from "The Singer Co. - Metrics Division." Full text of the tag is below. I would really like to know what this case was used for and what went inside. Does anyone here know anything about this case or know someone I could reach out to? Eventually I would like to get it into the hands of a collector who would appreciate/use it.

Full Tag Text:
STANDARD ACCESSORY KIT
EMPIRE MODEL KT-105-D
THE SINGER CO. --- METRICS DIVISION
BRIDGEPORT, CONN.
Attached Thumbnails 20221204_120404.jpg   20221204_120501.jpg   20221204_120521.jpg  
Old 12-06-2022, 09:14 AM

Singer had their hands in many products., music, pistols and others. It will be quite a challenge to find your answer maybe. Hope you have some luck and will share with us.

OH an welcome aboard from KS USA
Old 12-07-2022, 08:29 PM

I'm not sure what you really have. This is an auction item with stuff in the box.
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auc...4-ae9a0107abef

I think they might be some type of electrical boxes. Wish my husband was here. I think he would know. Found a description on Ebay that says it is some type of antenna. The item is no longer to be found on Ebay.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-07-2022 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:50 AM

If you google "THE SINGER CO. --- METRICS DIVISION BRIDGEPORT, CONN.", you'll find lots of information about that location. When Singer discontinued making sewing machines at this location in the mid-sixties, they continued manufacturing in the metrics division. I looked it up a couple of days ago, and if I remember correctly, they made some kind of scientific instruments. I'm not sure what this item might be, but may be a repairman's tool box.
bkay

Added: https://microprecision.com/calibrati...b-fim-antenna/

Last edited by bkay; 12-08-2022 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added info