Sonata 6610- Feed dog problem

Old 05-11-2021, 09:25 AM

Default Sonata 6610- Feed dog problem

So I fixed the other Sonata--and I am very excited to have done so. So now I have one more Sonata to try to fix. So this machine also presented exactly like the one that fixed, so I tried the same thing---but this machine has an issue with the feed dogs. They are not coming up high enough to move the fabric forward. I have the motor all oiled and sounds great. All the plastic parts are fine etc. The feed dogs move up and down and slightly forward, and the bobbin mechanism is working fine. They just aren't up high enough to grab the fabric. Does anyone know if there is a set screw that I may have messed with by accident trying to fix it that might raise the feed dogs on this machine. I believe that there is another very similar machine to the 6610 that had Singer on it but not sure what model it is.

I will not give up on these machines until I see a clear reason that it is broken........My Grandfather used to say, a machine is just levers, pulleys and physics.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:32 AM

I'm not too familiar with newer machines. Are the feed dogs rubber or plastic? Are they worn? If rubber or plastic they would be molded onto metal to attach, is there a bend in that metal, moving them downwards slightly?
Old 05-12-2021, 07:20 AM

I don't know, but this youtube has how to adjust the height of the feed dogs on a machine that looks similar to yours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhCkDT0lgA I also have a service manual for a Janome that has a front loading horizontal bobbin and the adjustment for the feed dog height is on the side of the bobbin area.

Perhaps a picture of the bobbin area (without the case) or the underside of the machine may help locating where the adjustment would be for your machine.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)