Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
...and still more - what a weekend! >

...and still more - what a weekend!

...and still more - what a weekend!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Machines that have donor parts are still in "original" condition if the parts are original manufactured parts and not repros. I don't agree with your definition of collector either. Many collectors of machines don't ever touch the machine with a screwdriver and enjoy the machines for what they are.
Candace,
I accept your disagreement with my position. It would be a boring world if we all saw things the same way.

pinkCastleDH,

I once lived in a Victorian house in Phoenix. I did the lathing and plaster work on some of the walls and the ceiling in the living room. What a PAIN! But I found all the lathes up in the attic and it was cheaper to by the plaster and do that than buying dry wall and redoing the whole rooms.

I would never put siding on an old home. Siding is as ugly as it is functional, but it ruins the personality of the old houses it's put on.

Joe
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I wish people on my FB page could discuss different viewpoints so intelligently! ;0) Thanks yall!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM

I love that Viking. I just found a 21E and I just love it. I looked online and I think it was made sometime in the 60s. I even found a Youtube video showing how it all works. Same type of plaid-lined carrying case and it sews like a dream. Here's mine....[ATTACH=CONFIG]374711[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails husky21e.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 AM

Sigh. I am in love with Sven!