And then there were 14

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM

As long as each machine has its own stash things will be ok----No one should feel left out. This is how I justify my collection of both
Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM

Beautiful machine!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 PM

WOW. Looks brand new. Congrats.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Truly beautiful.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Nice looking machine, good for you to find a really good one that doesn't need a lot of work.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
As long as each machine has its own stash things will be ok----No one should feel left out. This is how I justify my collection of both
They both have their original 8 cams, and there are 3 that they share. Ditto on the attachments. They share things like the zipper foot and walking foot, but the rest, they have their own. It also makes it easier to grab a case, which each have their attachments boxes mounted inside, and go and not have to worry about forgetting the bits I need to sew with.

With the exception of the attachments boxes, I try to keep only one of each "toy", so I don't run out of space. It's still touch and go anyway.

I figured out how to be productive that many sewing machines in the room yesterday. I took the 503 and the serger outside and worked on the deck.

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
Beautiful machine!
Originally Posted by JBeamer View Post
WOW. Looks brand new. Congrats.
Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
Truly beautiful.
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Nice looking machine, good for you to find a really good one that doesn't need a lot of work.
Thank you!! I spent the day bonding with it yesterday. I made curtains for the gazebo. Not a single hiccup that I didn't introduce myself. I even tried things I've never tried on a sewing machine before (40 buttons and buttonholes)

In fairness, I've done buttonholes before, but on a "4 step buttonhole" sewing machine, and I hated them. They almost always turned out some weird trapazoidal shape. I also tried one on my treadle that didn't go well, but I later figured out that the needle was backwards, so I can't blame any one but me one that one. I agree with what people say here about these buttonholer attachment ones being so much nicer.

I sure think this one's a keeper. I'm even getting used to the knee lever, though I do think the pedal needs an adjustment.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM

She is gorgeous! Enjoy your new baby! I have one too, but yours...hmmmmmmmm, nice!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 PM

I am sitting her reading about your machine and just laughed hard when I read about your husband sewing his own buttons on. It was your witty way of saying it.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
I am sitting her reading about your machine and just laughed hard when I read about your husband sewing his own buttons on. It was your witty way of saying it.
Well don't tell anyone, but I managed to show him how to sew the buttons on himself.
The thunderstorm put the kibosh on our outdoor plans for the evening, so I sat him down after setting the machine up. He used the knee lever and everything! Those buttons and pants have been waiting easily 2 months, and he's been wearing his ripped worn out pants. Today I notice he has a new looking pair of pants on.

I also managed to get the final and most important seal of approval for the machine.... The kitty seal of approval.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351120[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351121[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4367.jpg   img_4368.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
My only small complaint is that the fiber gear sounds a little loud, even after greasing. It looks fine, but for the "sawdust" in the area that says it ran dryish in the past. I'll keep an eye on it though.
She is a Beauty! I love the Slant-O-Matic series. As for the sound, they do seem to have a "growl" about this series that the others' do not.

Check out your local thrift stores for Singer cam boxes. I have found numerous cams and attachments for my machines from local thrift stores for about $4-$5 a box. Be warned: The sewing machine addiction is closely followed by attachment, fabric, and sewing box addictions. :O