Threading Problem Solved

Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 AM

Default Threading Problem Solved

A few days ago I posted that I was having a birdnesting problem while sewing on my Singer 15-91. I had tried the usual things, rethreading, changing thread, changing bobbin, etc. Now why I didn't think that the machine probably needed cleaning especially around the feed dogs, I cannot say except in my mind I just didn't think I had been sewing on that machine a lot because I have several that I use on a regular basis. But after trying all of the usual things that was the next step so I proceeded to take off the throat plate and wow, what a mess. I just couldn't believe it. I guess I had been sewing on that machine a lot more than I thought. Now with that thought in mind I decided that maybe I should check the 201 and the 301 and sure enough there was quite a mess of lint and fuzz under the throat plates of these machines as well. I think I probably need a calendar to write down on the day that I clean and oil the machines and do this on a more regular basis and not rely on my "getting old memory" Bottom line is that I am so happy that I got it fixed because I love these old singers.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 AM

i'm so glad you got it fixed. it is a bummer that your sewing machine is not working.sewing withdrawls.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM

Thanks Blackberry. It is a reminder to all of us to clean and oil machines regularly. Time flies when we are having so much fun sewing.