Touch and Sew 778 What is this?

Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 AM

Default Touch and Sew 778 What is this?

I recently found the original invoice for my 778. This was attached to it. I cannot find the original manual. Singer has combined the 758/788 manual online, which I've downloaded. It doesn't mention this in the manual. Any idea what it is or what I should have done with it?

(I tried to post this to the yahoo groups, but they aren't working very well right now. I also tried to email T and T, but you can't attach a photo to his email. So, I'm hoping someone will have an idea.)

bkay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596255[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails scan0003.jpg  
Old 06-21-2018, 11:03 AM
cjr

Do not know what those are, --- I have a 778, purchased brand new in 1976. Gets very heavy use, my primary sewing machine. It is a work horse. 3 things - Do not over wind bobbin, keep bobbin area free of lint & oil frequently.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by bkay
I recently found the original invoice for my 778. This was attached to it. I cannot find the original manual. .... I also tried to email T and T, but you can't attach a photo to his email. So, I'm hoping someone will have an idea.) bkay
Are they hard plastic or soft rubber? One looks broken, maybe both. Was there anything else on the paperwork? Are they about the size of the bobbin case?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
Are they hard plastic or soft rubber? One looks broken, maybe both. Was there anything else on the paperwork? Are they about the size of the bobbin case?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
They are hard plastic. They are not broken, but have a little "divot" in them. I'll check in the morning and see if they fit the bobbin case. The 778 is out in the out building, as are the good lights to take photos. I'll report tomorrow.

They are stapled to the receipt from the sale. It was 1976, so I have forgotten if I ever knew what the "booklet" might have been other than the users manual.

I found Terry's (TandT)direct email, so sent him a photo. He's the most likely person to know.

bkay
Old 06-22-2018, 02:33 AM

When you find out what they are, please post and tell us!
Old 06-23-2018, 06:13 PM

Terry of TandTrepair.com said the best information he could find was that it came with the flower stitch attachment and the dealer accidentally gave me a set. He said he didn't remember anything about it, but he was in the shop, not the sales area.

I understand that finding that answer took him a while.

I also finally got to post on the Singer Slant group on Yahoo. I don't have any answers yet. If I get a different opinion from them, I'll let you know.

So, basically, I don't need them and they won't stop the growl in my 778.

bkay