Turissa ultramatic

Old 04-04-2016, 07:44 AM

Default Turissa ultramatic

Looking for bobbins and feet. Bought at thrift shop. Beautiful green machine with manual but no attachments and I forgot to look for bobbin when I bought it. Runs but without bobbin haven't clue about stitches.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Turissa machines are few and far between where I live. I think you might have to oder from Germany or Switzerland where these machines are more common. They are very good machines, I'm sure you will like yours once when you get more familiar with it. I am a bit envious of your find

At some point Husqvarna Viking bought up Turissa and there are a few models carrying both names, I'm not sure if bobbins for these are compatible. There is a single seller on fleabay seller this type of bobbin, you can always ask if they have the same dimentions. As far as I know, the Turissa Novomatic, Ultramatic, Automatic, Swissmatic take the same type of bobbin. Some later Gritzner models are suppose to take the same bobbins as Turissa, but so far I haven't been able to verify it. Odering will be a sort of trial and error unless you can get very specific dimensions.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Mickey2 might be right. Nothing on eBay listed.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Check out your local Husqvarna dealer. They can inquire from the mother ship to see what is out there. It may take a few days though.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:28 PM

I have the Turissa Ultramatic [made in Switz.] that I learned to sew on when I was young. I believe it was made first in 1953. Mine wore out some rubber gaskets and up until then, it was running fine. After being in storage for so long, I took it out and have oiled it hoping to see some progress. My problem is I can't find anywhere to get an old service manual. I wonder if I should try to sell it for parts? I have the cams that go with it.
You are right, you drop the bobbin in the case [which opens by pushing a button and it drops down. You then lay the bobbin case in and shut it. I've never seen another machine other than pictures but it was an excellent machine, heavy-duty and could take on any job. For some reason, I thought it was made by Elna? All I can find is the Turissa name.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:05 AM

Rubber gaskets? I am quite surprised by this. Does it have an oil pan? O rings? Maybe. a hardware store can find you O rings or gasket material that may work. welcome aboard.. No idea where to find a manual.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:20 AM

Thank you Leonf,
I used the wrong terminology. Maybe they are O-rings....they are two black rubber rings about 3/4-inch high and they slip over rods above and below the motor. I know the top one turns the wheel and the bottom one, I'm not sure.

I did try to find something at Lowes but there wasn't anything there that was the right size. I bought some black rubber corks that I thought I might cut down and drill holes in and try to use but I'm not Frankenstein and don't think I want to go there. The thought of losing a finger also doesn't seem too appealing.

I have searched for a manual but they just aren't out there. I think it was made by the Viking company and bought out by Husqvarna since I do see a couple of later models of "Husqvarna Turissa's" online.

This was an amazing machine in its day but I think I may just sell it for parts. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:08 PM

Those would be friction drive tires.. I"d love to see picture of them. Cutting rubber smoothly is a difficult thing. but hey, you probably have a spare car tire you aren't using. Lots of stock there. hehe.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:31 PM

Would the second tire spin a bobbin winder?

have you looked at bobbin winder tires in sewing centers?
Old 04-28-2020, 07:16 PM

Default TURISSA Ultramatic

I tried to send the pictures but there is an error. They are a .png and that's a file that's accepted by this forum but it says I need a token?? I've notified the administrator and hopefully, they will be quick to respond. If you want to see them now, then give me your e-mail and I will send them.

The rubber friction wheels aren't for the bobbin, they are attached to the upper and lower part of the internal motor. Now that I have a name for them I might be able to find them.