Unknown items - Can you help?

Old 04-09-2018, 04:38 AM

Default Unknown items - Can you help?

I was going to post this on another thread as I took these to the Colorado Get-together on Saturday. I picked up a bag of attachments that I believe most of them came originally with a Bernette. There were two items I couldn't identify. Dorothy said the flatter piece reminded her of a part of an industrial grommet or snap part setter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592475[/ATTACH]

Another item I took is a second feed dog cover plate that came with a Singer buttonholer It is different in that the plate that holds the screw to attach to the bed of the machine is larger and rounder. It also has some sort of cushioning on the underside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592479[/ATTACH]

If anyone knows what the pieces are or which buttonholer this cover would have come with, I would like to know.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails plastic_20180407_110136.jpg   plastic_20180407_110145.jpg   bhfeedcover_20180407_110047.jpg   bhfeedcover20180407_110100.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 04-09-2018 at 04:42 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 04-09-2018, 04:58 AM

That flat plastic piece sure looks familiar, but I can’t recall where I’ve seen it or in what context. Thank you for showing us these mystery items. I look forward to having them identified.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:15 AM

The round plastic on the left looks exactly like a piece I had on a singer that was designed to fit in a hole in the top of the machine and the slit held a plasticized card that showed the stitches and no of -- all the stitches the machine did. It was a computerized machine and you chose your stitch by setting the correct no.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:38 AM

SHELTIE'SMAMA, that sure makes sense. By any chance to remember the model?

Old 04-09-2018, 07:45 AM

The flat piece looks like part of a do-dad that was used to sew elastic on to fabric? I think it was called magic elastic foot and came in different sizes. I'm going to google it and see what comes up!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:06 AM

I have a Pfaff that has a flat plastic piece that looks like the one you have pictured. I thought it was something that fit over the walking foot for some reason.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mawluv View Post
The flat piece looks like part of a do-dad that was used to sew elastic on to fabric? I think it was called magic elastic foot and came in different sizes. I'm going to google it and see what comes up!
Thank you, I'll have to look it up this evening. I think I know where I have one. I'll also look at the other "creative" feet I have. Initially, I thought it might be to a sliding button hole foot, but I couldn't find one that had something that looked like that piece. I'm pretty sure neither of my 'vintage' sergers had any plastic feet. I think I only have 2 feet each for regular and rolled edge serging.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:16 AM

Default ONE DOWN - two to go

The left plastic thing is identified! Thanks to SHELTIE'SMAMA, who got me searching in the right direction, I finally found that indeed it is a "Stitch Chart Holder (holds the Stitch Pattern Chart for easy viewing)" for a Singer Confidence 7640 sewing machine.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...page=11#manual shows it as an accessory that comes with the machine. At https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...?page=8#manual shows that it goes in the handle of the machine. From there I found https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/pp...arranty-427951 which has pictures (almost the end of slide show) of the machine with the holder in place. It also has a picture (#6), not just drawings, of accessories.

The feet that I got with that piece also has a lot of the accessories in the picture at createandcraft. Snap-on feet that have a letter on them are the same as what I have.

I looked at the walking foot I have, and some other non-standard feet, but couldn't identify the other plastic piece.

And I haven't found the buttonhole attachment that would have come with that feed dog cover plate.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:53 AM

That is a nice feed dog cover. It won't scratch the paint where you screw it on. It didn't have to come with a button
hole attachment. A lot of old machines came with them for darning or free motion and were just part of the attachments.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Quilterman View Post
That is a nice feed dog cover. It won't scratch the paint where you screw it on. It didn't have to come with a button
hole attachment. A lot of old machines came with them for darning or free motion and were just part of the attachments.
Do you have some examples? Particularly the ones that would attach to the bed and come with the machine, but not a buttonhole attachment that would have been misplaced along the way?