Update on Stitch 2

Old 10-26-2017, 07:11 AM

Default Update on Stitch 2

I took off the front and the Stitch knob. Didn’t seem to be any adjustment for the Stitch length. I played with the bobbin case tension and the pressure. The bobbin may still be a bit loose but it has come a long way since I started, at least a longer Stitch.
I tried to post a picture but it failed.
Thank you for everyone’s suggestions.
Mary
Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 PM

I found it very easy to post a picture on Victoriansweatshop.com. Many of the people here also post over on VSS.

John Thomas in NC
Old 10-29-2017, 06:30 AM

I noticed the pictures on the other thread as being a little on the larger size, so thinking the picture you are trying to post here is too large. You will need to resize it.

I also noticed the pictures in the other thread both show the zig zag stitch in the 'window.' I edited a picture from the other thread. The arrows point to the longest stitch available. I can't tell from your pictures, but I think there may be a number in the window above the diagram of the stitch. I'm thinking that you may want the number to be "6" and the diagram of the stitch in the window. The window I'm talking about is to the left of the red arrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583108[/ATTACH]

If you have the needle up as high as it will go and lift the presser foot, look at the feed dogs and see if the feed dogs move when you change the wheel through the different settings. After you have the window at the longest setting - with machine unthreaded - rotate the hand wheel and watch the feed dogs. If they are moving a greater distance than doing the same at a shorter setting, then I think that it might be that you don't have the pressure needed to move the fabric. I thought I had downloaded a manual, but can't find it now. to see how to or if can change the pressure.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails _kenmore2arrowscloseup.jpg