Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
User manual for a 1959 Lada T132 Czech sewing machine? >

User manual for a 1959 Lada T132 Czech sewing machine?

User manual for a 1959 Lada T132 Czech sewing machine?

Old 03-18-2015, 02:22 PM

Default User manual for a 1959 Lada T132 Czech sewing machine?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514053[/ATTACH]

I just signed up on this forum a few days ago because I've been looking for resources for our 56 year old Lada T132 sewing machine. It's been in our family's possession since 1959. My 85 year old Dad decided to do some sewing on it but after 15 minutes into the sewing we started to hear some weird knocking sound. So, I decided to take a look at it, clean it, lubricate it and just see what's cooking with it.

I already took all covers off to see all the damage that the past 50 years did to this machine, so far the most serious problem is the v-belt (210mm x 5mm) and the motor brushes (3,9mm x 6,3mm) that need to be replaced and it also needs vacuuming and lubricating with oil and grease.

http://www.pumi.org/geza/temp/Lada_T...ine_images.pdf

I've done extended research for user manual for this sewing machine on the net but couldn't found any. By any chance, could someone post a Lada or Cresta T132 user manual hear in PDF format for me?
Attached Thumbnails img_3835-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 PM

The belt is no longer available for the specific cleat size of this model. I'm hunting for the nylon gear behind the hook assembly as mine is broken and also not available.. You can try to rig a pulley system of some sort inside the belt area to use a cleated belt that will work but is likely too large for the machine.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:26 PM

Over the weekend I cleaned and lubricated the sewing machine plus I replaced the motor belt, not the cleated one but the V-belt.

I also updated the pictures in the PDF file with some relevant info. All it needs now a new set of carbon motor brushes, I've called several local sewing machine repair shops in Budapest, one of them told me, that he might be able to give me couple if he can find them or he can also make some. He sounded like he is around 70, so was about 20 when these machines came out in the 50-ies.

Lucky me, the cleated belt in my machine seems all right, but I was just wondering how would I gain access to it if I had to? I can see 4 bolts on the bottom of the machine that likely hold the vertical "tower" section of the machine but I just don't see, what is that you have to remove or disconnect inside in order to remove the upper part of the housing from the base.

The other thing that is puzzling me a bit is how to lubricate the plastic gear behind the hook assembly?

Or, as a matter of fact, how do you remove the hook assembly itself? I tried to loosen up the sliced headed bolt on the other side, that seems to be screwed in the bobbin shaft, but I just couldn't do it. I wanted to take out the hook assy. just to see how exactly it works and lubricate any part of it that needs it.

I also tried to remove the handle disk that you use to turn the motor manually, but I wasn't able to that either. That large sliced headed chrome bolt is just sitting in it too tight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514586[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3874b.jpg  

Last edited by George59; 03-23-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:28 PM

I can't help with it. I just wanted to say it's a great looking machine and I hope you get things going again soon.
Rodney
Old 03-24-2015, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I can't help with it. I just wanted to say it's a great looking machine and I hope you get things going again soon.
Rodney
I thought so too. It looks just like a 1950s Bernina.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by George59 View Post
I also tried to remove the handle disk that you use to turn the motor manually, but I wasn't able to that either. That large sliced headed chrome bolt is just sitting in it too tight.
Hi George, I have one of these in front of me now. My friend just bought it and I've gone over it for her. To release the large wheel there are two grub screws to unscrew. When you do this and the one on the motor, the rest just slides straight off. I didn't realise there were two until later.
Thanks for the belt info: Hers is completely frayed and beyond saving, so your information has helped a lot. Fantastic little machine and light as a feather.