Vintage Minnesota A Identify

Old 03-01-2021, 11:21 AM

Default Vintage Minnesota A Identify

Please excuse me for I am new to this.
I need help to Identify this sewing machine of my recently passed mother. I have spent hours searching with no luck, I hope someone can help, I will attach pictures and serial # Thank you for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated
CWhite
Old 03-01-2021, 11:58 AM

Welcome aboard and good afternoon. You may already know that Minneostas were sold by Sears because that is where Sears was born, But Sears stuck Their names on machines from many manufacturers. National was one of them. Not sure about the A model.

Janey usually posts this about adding pics.

In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?
Old 03-01-2021, 01:19 PM

Default pictures included

Originally Posted by CWhite
Please excuse me for I am new to this.
I need help to Identify this sewing machine of my recently passed mother. I have spent hours searching with no luck, I hope someone can help, I will attach pictures and serial # Thank you for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated
CWhite
I hope I managed to upload pictures
Old 03-01-2021, 02:29 PM

Looks like maybe Davis instead. Sorry. pics are hard on this forum. Don't give up.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:33 PM

I find it much easier just to go down below the and click on "Go Advanced" and Click on it.

Scroll down to where it says "browse", and click in it (which takes you to your computer)

Find the photo you want to post, and click "open".

Scroll over to the right until you find "upload" and click on it.

You're done!

If you want to post more, just go to the second "browse" button and repeat.

(The only problem is finding the "upload" button, as the page opens up at a reduced size page and you can't see it. You have to scroll over to see it or hit the thingy at the top of the page that opens a page full size to find the "upload" button.)

bkay

(I know next to nothing about treadle machines, but I like to look.)

Last edited by bkay; 03-01-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 03-01-2021, 06:38 PM

Welcome. Sorry you are having problems posting pictures. Thankfully, Leon gave you my standard response to posting pictures. I know that some have other ways like bkay's method. For some reason, it doesn't work for me.

I have a soft spot for machines that stay in the family.

There are many posts about Minnesota A machines here on Quilting Board. Not all of them are in the Vintage section - like Minnesota Sewing Machine

If you look at http://ismacs.net/sears/sears.html you will find there were five major versions of the Minnesota Model A and made by three different companies - Davis, Domestic and White. The time frame would be about 1900-1930. Some other posts regarding Minnesota A's can be found at (manual is offsite, but referred to in a thread, is still a valid site).
Minisota A Sewing Machine
Need help identifying Sears Minnesota treadle sewing machine
http://www.clawges.com/sewing/MN_A_manual/index.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 03-03-2021, 08:26 AM

Thank you everyone, I greatly appreciate your help, please excuse me for I do not spend a lot of time on the computer. I will try to be more responsive, as soon as I can.

Cwhite