Vintage Pink Sears Kenmore

Old 01-12-2020, 02:17 PM

Default Vintage Pink Sears Kenmore

I have a vintage Sears Kenmore 3/4 sized sewing machine. It’s in excellent condition. I learned to sew on it in the mid-1960s and it’s been stored away since the 1970s. I’d like to sell it but not sure where to look for buyer or how to price it. Any suggestions? M
Old 01-12-2020, 02:23 PM

Sewing machine prices vary greatly by area, collectors and of course condition. The pink and aqua and such usually fetch a slightly better price. But in general, there isn't nearly as much a market for vintage machines (and therefore lower prices) than you may hope/expect. Personally, I'd rather buy a good vintage metal machine over just about any plastic computerized machine, but I seem to be in the minority.

For your area prices, start looking at Craig's List or similar. Internet sites including auction sites like Ebay and the marketplace at Amazon.

Old 01-12-2020, 03:02 PM

Ditto to iceblossom , but remember hose are asking pirces.. Many sales are nowhere near asking price.
t
Old 01-12-2020, 03:03 PM

Welcome aboard.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:08 AM

Can you post a photo? There is one specific pink Kenmore 3/4 sized VSM that is pretty rare. I guess it is an awful machine because it is a vibrating shuttle machine from an era of rotary and oscillating bobbin machines. They were advertised by Sears as cheap sewing machines, they were "bait" machines and there was one issued per store as the floor model, and then they were so dreadful that the intention was to upsell folks into a nicer Kenmore machine. They are pretty rare and some collectors are looking for them. But at the same time, they are not great machines. Though m friend got one for her daughter, just because it was pink and 3/4 sized and they love it. https://stitchnerd.wordpress.com/201...-110-a-review/
Old 01-13-2020, 12:16 PM

just a caution, we can't offer to sell or buy on this particular forum, there is a space for that here
https://www.quiltingboard.com/items-sale-trade-f20/ with some eligibility requirements
Old 01-13-2020, 02:29 PM

Just as a historical note. Singer made vibrating shuttle machines in 3/4 size in to the 1960s. Others also ran them parallel to the round bobbins for long lengths of time.

Thanks Wagvan for great info on your first post.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:32 PM

Welcome aboard Denise92673 from SE Michigan!! Ditto to the information above. I would definitely start with Craigslist and Marketplace to get some ideas on how to price your machine. I look forward to your continued participation on the board a lot of people are sharing a lot of information. There is so much to learn here too.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Denise92673 View Post
I have a vintage Sears Kenmore 3/4 sized sewing machine. It’s in excellent condition. I learned to sew on it in the mid-1960s and it’s been stored away since the 1970s. I’d like to sell it but not sure where to look for buyer or how to price it. Any suggestions? M
i would love it.