Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Owners....Your Tutorials are Starting >

Vintage Sewing Machine Owners....Your Tutorials are Starting

Vintage Sewing Machine Owners....Your Tutorials are Starting

Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

Hello All!!!

I am about ready to start posting the next installment of the Tute.....Cleaning!!!

I have my 128 almost finished and I wanted to give you an update as to when it will be posted. I should be doing it Friday sometime in the evening. I will walk you through the process of the cleaning in detail with plenty of photos so you can see how I did what I did.

I am hoping that after you guys go through the preservation/restoration process of you vintage machine you will see how easy it is to do the service work your own self. I can already tell that some of you are already getting more confident about working on your machines and let me say I am sooooo proud of you all!!!

After this installment the next one will be Assembly of the machine. Which is almost the exact reverse of the tear down process but a bit different.

But this should keep you guys pretty busy because it is a long drawn out process that takes quite a while if your going to do it right.

Billy
Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Can hardly wait. But I am still trying to get some parts off the Davis. So maybe I can do some cleaning too. Thanks again for taking the time to do this for us. I'm having a great time.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

UPDATE!!!!!

I have the #2 and #3 installments of the tutorials on Cleaning and preserving you machine up and ready for you to read!!!

#2 is the cleaning process that we all have been waiting on and #3 is Finish Repair that should help you fix any road rash that you might have on your machine.

While you are enjoying them I will be working on #4 and #5! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 AM

Where do you buy parts for an old treadle machine if they need it? I just spent $20.00 for a gingerbread machine. I did not expect that it would be in good condition, but the price was right. What do you use for cleaning a machine?

Wickn34
Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Banned

Have a look at this tutorial and if you have any questions I can walk you through it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45983-1.htm

Billy
Old 06-13-2010, 03:31 PM

Billy, Thanks so very much for the vintage info.... I am really looking forward to learning how to work on my own machines .. Times are so tough right now for so many of us... We all need all the help we can get and we need to share with others Bless U lorene
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM

I love the tutorials, they are perfect for those of us with fixer-upper genes. I've seen Parts One, Two and Three. As I'm new to this forum, I don't know if you've already posted the complete set of the Tutorials, or if I have something to look forward too. Are there other tutorials out there that I haven't located yet?