Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage singer model # AE705206 !!!! Help? >

Vintage singer model # AE705206 !!!! Help?

Vintage singer model # AE705206 !!!! Help?

Old 02-21-2020, 01:15 PM

Default Vintage singer model # AE705206 !!!! Help?

I知 new here. I知 hoping someone could help me make sure I found the right info on this baby. The picture on the ismacs website was fuzzy so I知 a little lost. I think it was manufactured in 1937. Looks to be a model 15 but I can稚 seem to narrow it down for sure. Thanks for everyone痴 time in advance😊
Old 02-21-2020, 01:47 PM

Yes, I checked this website
http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...l-numbers.html
1935, and a 15
Made in Elizabethport.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:49 PM

The serial number you provided was issued to a 15. http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...l-numbers.html Maybe others will know a different way to verify. I know it would be helpful if you posted some pictures of the machine.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Iris aurela View Post
... I think it was manufactured in 1937. Looks to be a model 15 but I can’t seem to narrow it down for sure. ...
Welcome. You are correct that it was probably manufactured in late 1937 or possibly early 1938. The dates listed are the dates that those serial numbers were allocated for that type of machine. It does not mean that was the day the machine was actually made.

There were several varieties of 15 class machines. The most common for home use would probably be a 15-90 or a 15-91. Does it have a motor? Is the motor built into the machine? Does the motor have a belt? Is it a hand crank? Is it a treadle?
A good source to figure out which domestic Singer sewing machine you have can be found at https://www.sandman-collectibles.com...r-machines.htm Some of the lettering on that page, I feel could have better contrast, but just click through the page.

Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020) has a pdf on how to post pictures. From my understanding the files need to be smaller that 2MB, rather than the 5MB listed. Another thing to remember is to click on the "Upload" button that you will probably need to scroll over to the far right to find.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 02-21-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: grammar