Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Warning:  Not Vintage, but the Weird Machine has arrived. >

Warning: Not Vintage, but the Weird Machine has arrived.

Warning: Not Vintage, but the Weird Machine has arrived.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

I spy quilts?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Maybe some kind of robot quilt with secret codes all over the place. You might as well have fun. Stitch sample photo?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
LOL, you think so??????? Hmmmm, maybe scribbling is a modern form of monogram, maybe?

Joe
I am receiving a message from the cosmos that in the future this machine will become the new hawtness because all the young people can be bamboozled into thinking it's embroidering in cursive. ;-D
Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

outer space sewing machine - make Judy Jetson proud...
Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 PM

LOL, you two are funny ......

As soon as I finish up with five other mechanical machines I'll do a stitch sample and take a pix of it.

Joe
Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

are you going to decode it, too?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM

DE-code it??? Geeze, I don't even know how to code it in the first place.

Joe
Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 AM

UPDATE:

The machine sat on the shelf for one year and 11 days. Today after re-reading this thread I took it out, plugged it in and turned it on.

Without touching the controller it took off sewing all by itself. No input on the touch pad would stop or change it.

After messing with it for about 5 minutes with it running the whole time I could hear the motor dragging down. So as far as I am concerned this machine is history.

I do not have the skill or knowledge to diagnose it so it and it's parts buddy will either go in the trash or be parted out. I'd love for someone locally to take them off my hands. Unfortunately I doubt there's anyone around here that will. Oh well, I'll stick 'em on CL and see what happens.

Joe
Old 05-13-2014, 10:43 AM

It's a neat looking design. Joe you're a braver man than me for even trying to fix a computerized machine. That's something I don't even want to attempt. It's also a good example of why I don't like computerized machines in general. There's too much that can go wrong, you have to replace modules instead of individual parts and parts are quickly made obsolete and no longer available.

The Riccar I picked up the other day is about as advanced as I want to get. As far as I know it's just basic electronics, no computer to worry about. It has 3 push button speeds with "needle up" and "needle down" stop buttons. It looks to me like the "needle up" and 'needle down" positions are controlled by 2 sensors at the end of the hook drive shaft. After I replace the gear and get it running if I (or my daughter Olivia) don't like the push buttons I'll look for a way to neatly install a bypass switch and a foot pedal controller. (I think this should have been done at the factory and I think the parts are available to do a clean job). Right now I would rather lift my foot to stop the machine than reach for a button.
Rodney
Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 AM

Rodney,

That sounds like a weird machine. Three speeds controlled by buttons. So you have to push a button to make it sew then push the button to stop it? I can see having a tortoise and hare switch like my wife's Bernina 930 and our T&S but they also have foot controllers.

Your machine would be extremely awkward to use I imagine.

Joe