Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What do I need 2 vintage Tackers for? >

What do I need 2 vintage Tackers for?

What do I need 2 vintage Tackers for?

Old 02-01-2015, 12:11 PM

Default What do I need 2 vintage Tackers for?

Have a chance to pick these up. They were from an auction that the person wanted the 3 other machines from.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508441[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508442[/ATTACH]

One is a Juki LK-282 and the other is a Singer 269x999.

They both have their tables. The motors are unknown. I'd asked about them, whether they were Clutch or servo motors and the gal didn't know. They'll take a lot of space, I know so I don't want to go get them if they're "useless".

Both of the tables have "foot" foot pedals and I'm wondering if this is a throw back to the Singer button machine I found at the antique mall that we went back to get but it was missing parts by then.
Attached Thumbnails %24_203.jpg   %24_201.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 12:16 PM

If the bamboo shade comes with the Singer, then I might say "maybe".....

CD in Oklahoma
Old 02-01-2015, 12:25 PM

Lol! Ouch! And the juki? Not even with the shade? . They look like neat machines on youtube. My neighbor's brother does a lot of work with webbing so I thought he might take one if I can get both up and running. I'm not sure at the moment how much work they need (I'm assuming lots) or if they're 110 or 220. The Singer -can- be 110, the juki I didn't see anything in a quick look.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:58 PM

you might want to read this before getting excited about the singers and be very sure there not 3 phase

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index...howtopic=30768
Old 02-01-2015, 01:39 PM

Will check voltage for sure. One machine would go to my neighbor - a real tinkerer - and he keeps his sewing machines in his heated garage which has 220.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:27 AM

I've got a 220 outlet in my kitchen LOL!!

I should remind DH to put one in the Machine Shed - always nice to have if you need one. Our larger (but still portable) air compressor is 220.

However, DH says he'd never want to mess with three phase. but if it's just the motor, you can replace it with a two phase one.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:40 AM

Lol! Good point! I have that same 220 in my studio with a stove as a place holder.

So hopefully it turns out to be 110 or 220 not anything else. I've done 220 wiring (said stove outlet) but I'm not up to installing anything else so the motor would have to be replaced if it was anything else.

since the machines are free, DH and the neighbor are going to grab them tonight. If nothing else, I'm hoping for the tables and motors to be usable for garage projects.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:25 AM

OK, so just to follow up. Both machines are 110v.

The Singer works and needs cleaning. My neighbor's up to that, I gave him the Singer.

The Juki needs too many parts for me to be willing to try to get it running - shuttle race, bobbin case and tensioner and there are multiple broken parts in the drawer that I haven't taken the time to identify yet along with 2 "spare" hooks. The tensioner I could probably piece together but the shuttle race is the pricy part unless I order a knock off from China and I don't know if that's worth trying or not - the difference in price is $40 to get the machine running vs $100+ though.

It's not a total loss for me though. I wanted the table and the motor and I should be able to salvage those and I got a thread stand I can use with my 31-15.