What model is this machine?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM

quilt addict,

You'll have to take my word on this one, or I could post pics. The table is beyond repair. Even Glenn with his magic most likely could not save this one. If he could he could most likely walk on water, too. <g>

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Great find. ... I hope the table can be saved. The tops are solid wood I believe. So you could have a replacment made using the old one for a model. Or ask Glenn, he seems to be able to save anything wood.
Maybe I'll toss in a pic or two later of the table.

I do believe the machine itself is going to test me - I'm suspecting it might have a couple of issues but I need to see what I can find out on some other sites before I go into a nose dive. Still have me hat on me head yet, not throwing it in.

best,
d
Old 03-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Go ahead...pics of the table, please? Not that we don't trust you....not at all....we just wanna see!!

Keep that hat on your head!! I have faith that you and the spousal unit will get that machine working!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM

Okay, here's pics of the table, Linny's progress and my current company (they all get to 'hang out' in my sewing room by turns. My computer is in my sr.).

Because Charlee wants ALL the details :-) Here ya go. One end is missing the trim piece, truly no biggie since one could be made. The trim along the back is splitting. Basicially the entire extension's veneer is lifting and some one the table.

Mind you, no part of the table has been touched yet. It sits as we brought it in last night.

So, opinions please?

best,
d
Attached Thumbnails linny-table-010.jpg   linny-table-006.jpg   linny-table-001.jpg   linny-table-extensions-bracket.jpg   linny-table-011.jpg  

linny-s-progress.jpg   beep-beep.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM

Need Glenn or Laura to see it, but I'd say it can be salvaged! I'd sure try anyway!

The machine is looking GREAT!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote So I think I'm getting there - correct me if I'm wrong. As you thought Charlee and KatFish, she IS a model 12, New Family. Her decaling is the 'Star' ornamentation.

Thanks to NB, I read for the machines that have two sets of numbers to use the first for dating, which would put her circa 1871

best,
d Quote]

Wow! That is quite a find! Can't wait to see her after she is all cleaned up. Be sure to post before and after pictures.