What is this?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 PM

He lives within 30 miles of the largest RV manufacturing area in the country, bet he gets those cranks at Johnson's Surplus in White Pigeon.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
yes he's been at that for awhile, he just drills a hole in the release knob and screws in a what used to be call a trailer house window crank, you can do the same thing for about 5 bucks . now days the most common place to get the crank would be a RV supply
I had to replace a couple window cranks in our TT and these are the same as whats on that machine
Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 PM

He does also list other machines, like the 99, which in one version comes as a handcrank.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Thanks for confirming my guess. I did wonder what type of finish was on the FW. I didn't think it came in a Godzilla finish.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
Thanks for confirming my guess. I did wonder what type of finish was on the FW. I didn't think it came in a Godzilla finish.
Actually, it did. That's the rarest of them. I saw a beat to heck junk one sell for almost $1,000. But the one with the handcrank looks powder coated to me. I don't think I've ever seen a Singer brown Godzilla.

Cari
Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 AM

yep I heard about the godzilla finish fw - haven't seen one though. i've seen a blackside, tan, and the white ones 'in person' but not the godzilla one - wow that would be something to come across one of those!