Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What is your personal collection style? >

What is your personal collection style?

What is your personal collection style?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 AM

Jean, I am sorry I just had to laugh at your 20 machines. I now have 60 and they all are clean and ready to sew and I do take turns with them. But me thinks the wife has had just about enough being the machnes are all over the house. So my passion is the full size treadles although I have about 15 Hand cranks. I guess I just like them all. I do like sewing with the Grover and Baker, the Weed and Wheeler and Wilson #8. I don't just have one make I collect them all. I am really in trouble here.
Skip
Old 09-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Banned

Glen, color me envious... I have yet to be able to sew with my G&B and I am one weed Shuttle away from trying that machine out...
Old 09-11-2014, 08:21 AM

Do you have a manual for the Grover and Baker? I thought I sent you a copy or was that for the WEED?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Banned

I have the manual for the G&B and the Weed. I had two needles for the G&B and we broke one in the first round of tests... I am waiting to acquire a couple more needles before I try again.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Okay, Glenn..... you laugh but at some point, you only had 20 machines, right? I'm sure I'll find more that I can't do without but, like I said, the guys in my house aren't sure I have any room for more. Well, I should say that my DH is still pointing out machines he thinks I'll like. He's the one that showed me the Singer model 12 with the mother of pearl inlay.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Okay, Glenn..... you laugh but at some point, you only had 20 machines, right? I'm sure I'll find more that I can't do without but, like I said, the guys in my house aren't sure I have any room for more. Well, I should say that my DH is still pointing out machines he thinks I'll like. He's the one that showed me the Singer model 12 with the mother of pearl inlay.
I won't laugh Jean, been there done that. When I got up to 20, or maybe even before, my kids threatened to disown me. At around 25 machines, when I begged my son to buy me the Pacesetter I wanted for my birthday, he gave me an ultimatum: Get rid of three for every one I obtain. I agreed. I lied. I tried. Now they just roll their eyes and don't say anything, lol. I have sold or given away several machines but lately more have come in than have gone out.

Cari
Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I don't even know how many machines I have. I only know that they are in every room except the kitchen. They are in the garage and the breezeway. Some won't ever work. Most do. sigh.......