Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Wheeler and Wilson D-9 272739-8 >

Wheeler and Wilson D-9 272739-8

Wheeler and Wilson D-9 272739-8

Old 10-24-2021, 07:44 AM

Default Wheeler and Wilson D-9 272739-8

I need help understanding the best way to sell my antique sewing machine with stand and parts. This is not my area of expertise. It was my great grandmother’s machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:12 AM

Welcome aboard. Stand and parts description will need work where ever you want to sell it. Is it a treadle? electric? Parts can mean a controller or a whole array of accessories. Pictures are always good and shoot them from both sides of the machine.
You will have to decide if you are willing to ship ( not generally recommended.) Many of us hang around craigslist and Facebook marketplace loo0king for our finds. and just for a bit of history. Singer bought W W and made the D-9 with thei own badging for a while. Don't expect to get rich. Millions of machines were made and many are in great shspe.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Welcome aboard. Stand and parts description will need work where ever you want to sell it. Is it a treadle? electric? Parts can mean a controller or a whole array of accessories. Pictures are always good and shoot them from both sides of the machine.
You will have to decide if you are willing to ship ( not generally recommended.) Many of us hang around craigslist and Facebook marketplace loo0king for our finds. and just for a bit of history. Singer bought W W and made the D-9 with thei own badging for a while. Don't expect to get rich. Millions of machines were made and many are in great shspe.
I didn't include pics yet, since I was looking for a starting point of discussion. I appreciate the advice. This is a treadle and is before the Singer days. I'll be sure to include plenty of quality photographs. I don't expect to get rich, but I do want it to go where it will be appreciated. Thank you again for your advice.
Robb
Old 10-25-2021, 01:36 PM

This board is not set up for buying and selling, but w e do like to see pictures.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:43 PM

Just an FYI, the pictures need to be smaller than 2MB, even though it says 5MB.

You might want to look at ebay and the Sold amount for similar machines. However, that can be deceptive as some do not give the amount that they actually sold for. Also, it seems some areas get different amounts for the same machine. If you have an original manual and attachments and no parts missing, it may go for a little more than a machine that is a head only. Condition of the machine and base should also be considered.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)