Wheeler & Wilson D9 Tear Down

Old 12-27-2022, 06:24 AM

Default Wheeler & Wilson D9 Tear Down

This is my 1st time working on a WW. Mostly have Singers in my collection. As you can see by the photos this machine is a mess. This is the worst conditioned machine I’ve ever had on my bench but I have faith I can turn this around. I’ve been contemplating the direction I’m going to go in. I’ve always done everything possible to keep everything original, taking care to preserve the paint & decals along the way.
This machine is totally crazed & you can see that, presumably the shellac is missing & noticeable on much of the area. As much as I can’t believe I‘m going to say this, I’m thinking of stripping it in the sandblast tank, re-painting & re-decaling it.
Much of the machinery parts are completely rusted but believe it or not, it still moves. It’s too much rust to handle without doing a complete tear down. Of course, I’d have to tear it down anyway to sandblast it.
Now here is where I need help. With all my other machines I have the adjuster manuals so a tear down is a breeze. I don’t have one for the WW, I’ve searched the net but found nothing. Has anyone got any advice as to the final adjustments that I’d be heading into once done?
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
Old 12-27-2022, 06:50 AM

my suggestion is to check with these folks for a manual. You are more likely to find experienced owners/refurbers of this age machine on that site.
bkay
Old 12-27-2022, 07:05 AM

Thank you bkay. I do have the operating manual, just need the adjusters. I'll check over there. Hope you have a blessed day.