Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Who Lives by Exit 14 off I-84 in Southbury, CT here ?? >

Who Lives by Exit 14 off I-84 in Southbury, CT here ??

Who Lives by Exit 14 off I-84 in Southbury, CT here ??

Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Default Who Lives by Exit 14 off I-84 in Southbury, CT here ??

hi,

would like to ask a favor to whoever lives by Exit 14 off I-84 in Southbury, CT. there is a buy it now price on THIS SITE 2 antique sewing machines. one a 128/127 and the other is a 15 (i think). since its a pick-up only bidding, i was wondering if there is someone here who's from that area and would be kind enough to pick it up and be willing to ship it for me. i will pay for your gas and shipping cost and i will send you a BIG KISS and a BIG HUG. i know it's a big task but thought i might ask and try. appreciate it

Last edited by vmaniqui; 01-05-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Power Poster

I think I would be wanting to make sure that you get a better picture of the front of that machine to see that it is all there. I would want to make sure to get the shuttle. Then I would want to make sure it is one or two machines. The only way to pay that much would be for two machines and yes that HC better be working.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 AM

The first machine looks to be a 127 with the Sphinx decals. In one of the pics you can see the top of the bobbin winder.
The second machine is a 15-91. Doesn't look like there is a cord set / controller with it.

Joe
Old 01-06-2014, 02:21 AM

That looks like its in rough shape...I have seen many better deals than that and then if you include shipping...
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 AM

I think you'd be making a big financial mistake on that purchase after you pay shipping. The only thing worth any amount is the hand crank - but if you don't care about original, you can get an aftermarket one that will work just fine.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 AM

Dear Vmaniqui,

I know you were not asking our opinion, but since others have chimed in to be helpful, I will echo all of it, and add that I know that you are hankering for a hand crank, even just the mechanism - but they -do- come up! I was very fortunate to find an original one a few months ago, crank mechanism only, thanks to a tip here from a fellow list member.

Patience is hard with the Sewing Machine Addiction, but also the thrill is in the hunt, a bit! IIRC you are in California; I doubt that you need to ship two derelict machines from the farthest corner of the country in order to feed this marvelous sewing machine habit!

At the end of the day of course it is your $ and your choice and please forgive me if I have spoken out of turn. However, I just don't want to see you burnt with $150 or more in shipping for two dud machines...

If it is the hand crank itself you are after, how about asking the seller to remove it and mail it to you? Just a thought! That would only be $15 or so in postage.

Good luck, whichever route you take!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM

I know. I was thinking about the hit I will get with shipping cost. I do like the hand crank in itself and the machines come as a bonus. There is a hand crank on ebay that was sold for over $70. I don't think I will pay that much for a hand crank alone. Thanks guys, I think in will just uncheck this one on my list.

On another topic, is a White Rotary Sewing machine highly desirable? Is it really a nice machine to have? Is there any special feature on a machine that will make it better than singer? With the treadle on it will it be a nice one or with motor be a better one? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

The White Rotary Family sewing machine is a nice machine. Make sure it has bobbins and a bobbin case. Not a lot of monetary value. You can put a treadle on it or a motor and it should work just fine.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The White Rotary Family sewing machine is a nice machine. Make sure it has bobbins and a bobbin case. Not a lot of monetary value. You can put a treadle on it or a motor and it should work just fine.

i see a lot of white rotary sewing machine on CL in my area but for some reason it never caught my attention. they do have treadle, motor and mostly in a nice cabinets. i just wanted to check with you guys if i need to start paying attention to it instead of just concentrating my collections to singer. thanks Miriam.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

I don't really collect. I catch and release... I love to find something I haven't seen and see if I can make it sew.