Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
yet another for the collection >

yet another for the collection

yet another for the collection

Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 AM

Default yet another for the collection

I was so bad and DH was OK with it when I showed him, I brought home a little lovely lady, an Atlas pink machine. Will post pictures later of her but needed to share. I was surprised when DH said another then I said well honey she is pink and i dont have a pink machine. He said oh and gladly carried her in for me. She is supposed to work but I need to find a bobbin carriage to fit her first. She was complete otherwise, manuals, attachment, extra bulb, controller and power cord. So we are happy. Her case needs to be redone but that will be on the project list.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:51 AM

this is one machine I really want-because its pink!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

I have a Pink Atlas, love it!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Mighty does it take a standard bobbin carriage do you know? I figure I can try it and see but would hate to throw the timing out of whack if not. I am going to get her out and take some pics to post. Sh eis pretty clean so I will not be embarrassed by her.
Sculham I had wanted to get a Pink Necchi but then thought nahhh she is here and the price was good.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM

I have 2 pink Atlases. One was my mom's and the other i bought with a cabinet for $9.99. Mom's is in a pink and black carry case and it is in rough shape. Can they be repared? I think it's where the latch is that is wrecked.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Default Yet another for the collection, Pink Atlas Deluxe

Ok here are some pics of the beauty. I just managed to find her bobbin carriage, all rusted in the bottom of the case. Looks to be like a regular size so will try one i have.. she shows hardly any wear to her plate and her decals are all intact....shame her case was not better taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails atlas.jpg   atlas-decal.jpg   atlas-case.jpg  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 PM

SewMom I asked DH if he could fix this case for me and he looked at it and said I will make you a new one..... I wish it was a simple fix as a latch but this whole case is coming apart not to mention the soil and water damage to it. At first I was afraid t look at her gears thinking they would be covered in rust but to my surprise I only found a little surface pitting, a little wipe with some steel wool should take it right off and that is on the center of the lower arm. I am sure you can get the case fixed if it is nto too far gone and have a handy person around.

Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
I have 2 pink Atlases. One was my mom's and the other i bought with a cabinet for $9.99. Mom's is in a pink and black carry case and it is in rough shape. Can they be repared? I think it's where the latch is that is wrecked.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM

Yay!!! You have one of the Atlas's that have the pretty emblem!! I have an Atlas and I love it. It really sews so nicely. It was my first "non black" vintage machine and it got me hooked on the Japanese clone machines, which come in all lovely colors

I noticed that Niftythrifty Girl has one listed for sale. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCn2...em-uploademail

Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 06-16-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM

So far I am loving her, have not tried her out yet due to did a yard sale away from home and I am pooped and dont want to mess with her till I am alert. I read that it gets threaded right to left, and boy I am glad I read first otherwise I would get mad trying to get her to work properly. Still trying to think of a name.. guess I will know once i use her..any machine that comes home to live gets named, there are a few that are only here visiting till they find their permanent home and they are nameless.

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Yay!!! You have one of the Atlas's that have the pretty emblem!! I have an Atlas and I love it. It really sews so nicely. It was my first "non black" vintage machine and it got me hooked on the Japanese clone machines, which come in all lovely colors

I noticed that Niftythrifty Girl has one listed for sale. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCn2...em-uploademail
Old 06-16-2012, 03:49 PM

If you feel guilty robbing another machine (I did), there is a generic case for the Japanese machines. My LQS owner said she's never had one returned. It did fit one of my machines that came without one.