And yet another tension issue

Old 11-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I am so proud of myself! I fixed it! It was all in good shape, at least to me, but I had to go back there and readjust the post. Now how in the world did it get turned like that?

Thanks all.
Somebody messed with it. That's how. Most likely anyway. I've had several machines with top tensions turned that way. None of them worked right.

Just be aware that the stud is held to the large bushing by a set screw. If all you did was turn it, then the set screw is loose and it might turn again.

Joe
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Joe, I had to loosen the set screw and adjust and then retighten set screw. I'll know for next time if there is one.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:56 PM

I am so proud of myself! I fixed it! It was all in good shape, at least to me, but I had to go back there and readjust the post. Now how in the world did it get turned like that?

Thanks all.
Whoo Hooo for you! The first attempt is always a little intimidating. Hmmm, do you have any Boudreaux relatives??? My dad was born in Gretna and was raised in New Orleans. I have tons of "kissin cousins".
Old 11-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Caroline, no, only "adopted" relatives. Been here since 1975 and I consider myself an "honorary" Louisianian. Maybe if we are in Puyallup with no other obligations - maybe during summer - we can get together.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:22 AM

Caroline, no, only "adopted" relatives. Been here since 1975 and I consider myself an "honorary" Louisianian. Maybe if we are in Puyallup with no other obligations - maybe during summer - we can get together.
Sounds good to me.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Hey stitchnripper, I'm from White Castle, LA - about 30 miles southwest of BR. Good to see another Louisianan on this board.

I am having trouble with the tension on this 66-16. I have cleaned it well. Used floss between the tension discs. I have moved the tension dial all the way from 1 to 0. I am testing it on plain fabric with two different thread colors, same kind of thread. Machine is threaded correctly using diagram in book.

It is just almost right. I still see some bobbin thread on the top. Just a bit. And, if I pull on the top or bottom thread, it puckers. But then I tried that test on a newer machine that has a nice stitch and that thread puckers too if I pull on it. Is this a normal occurrence or are both machines "sick in the tension"?

Please note that the plus/minus bar is over the 3 and not straight up. Should it be straight up? If I must take the tension apart, I will, but, what should I look for if I do that?

Thanks in advance.