Zenith sewing machine

Old 01-17-2022, 04:33 PM

Default Zenith sewing machine

My neighbour was recently gifted a Zenith sewing machine, in a lovely cabinet. It uses a knee control.
She did not get any owner's manual, and is looking for one.
Anyone have any ideas where I/she could find one?
I've attached a picture - she thinks it is a 681 model.
Attached Thumbnails zenith-681-machine-resized.jpeg  
Old 01-18-2022, 09:48 AM

This looks a like a StitchMaster that I just worked on, similar knobs and buttons and end cover. I could find very little on the Stitchmaster machine as most searches are sent off into a new company by that name that does not make sewing machines. Here is something I found on Zenith that was interesting.
The Zenith Sewing Machine was a Product sold by MW, or Marshall Wells of Canada Limited, 1395 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg 21, Manitoba. ( This is the Address shown on the Sewing Machine Warranty Card.) Marshall Wells was a Hardware Store Franchaise, but as far as I know, they are no longer in Business. The Zenith Automatic Zig-Zag Sewing Machine, which I am familiar with, was sold in 1952. As far as the Manufacturer, it appears it may have been made in India, and sold primarily in Asian countries.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:09 AM

Thanks for the info you've given! We are in Canada (Ontario) and that makes sense.

Onward goes the search!
Old 06-17-2023, 08:20 AM

Default Zenith sewing machine

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
Thanks for the info you've given! We are in Canada (Ontario) and that makes sense.

Onward goes the search!
I am also looking for a manual for a machine that was gifted from my parents it looks very similar to yours did you ever find a manual or a connection to the makers of this brand
Attached Thumbnails 34997892-b0cf-481c-baa7-d8861f2fd2c6.jpeg