Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by Tiffany
Somehow I ended up with the side paper sewn to the front of the block. Oh, I was still able to make the block and remove the paper without any issues, as seen in the second photo, but I definitely had a good laugh at myself for making such a silly mistake. I remember going to the ironing board and ironing it and just staring in surprise, thinking, "What the heck did I just do!?!"
LOL

I had to join you in laughing... so many times I've stood at the ironing board looking down and thinking... "what the.... ?" :roll:
I decided my brain had had enough and perhaps I should just wait until tomorrow to finish the final block for this week. I have learned the hard way that there are times I simply need to walk away and stop quilting before I make a complete mess of things.

I'm glad no one was standing around watching me as I opened it up and started to iron it. I'm sure my expression was quite hilarious to look at. :roll: I finally just shook my head and decided it wasn't something that needed to be "fixed" and after taking a picture I trimmed it up. At least it still counts toward the fabric raffle. Right!?! ;)
Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Absolutely right! LOL

Last one I did was making half square triangles, I cut my squares, drew a line from corner to corner, then instead of sewing 1/4 inch each side of the line, I sewed straight down the line! I got to the ironing board and just stared at them for ages trying to figure out what I'd done! lol
Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 PM

When I first joined this board I couldn't understand the discussion on stitch unpicking because I never needed to do that, but oh boy, have i been using my full time this last week. I think it was lovely of you to admit your mistake Tiffany. We can all be too serious can't we!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 PM

I wouldn't worry about the wrong colour on the border of the triangle, it still looks good and no one is going to notice.

I wonder how many of Jane's "mistakes" we will copy not realising it wasn't supposed to be that way.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Blue, have you looked at the pics of the one of the cover of the book, Jane didn't always remember seam allowances on her quilt. So she made a few too!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Blue, have you looked at the pics of the one of the cover of the book, Jane didn't always remember seam allowances on her quilt. So she made a few too!
And the sizes were quite off sometimes too I believe.

It would be hard not to make a few mistakes on a quilt this size... I think there's a basket that's in there sideways? I know there's a few seams where there doesn't seem a need for a seam, and that's possibly because of the lack of fabric. But I also wonder if some of the blocks are supposed to be put together a little different.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:37 PM

ok I remember seeing a post where about where you could download patterns for free but now can't find the page it was on, help anyone?? thanx
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Somehow I ended up with the side paper sewn to the front of the block. Oh, I was still able to make the block and remove the paper without any issues, as seen in the second photo, but I definitely had a good laugh at myself for making such a silly mistake. I remember going to the ironing board and ironing it and just staring in surprise, thinking, "What the heck did I just do!?!"
LOL

I had to join you in laughing... so many times I've stood at the ironing board looking down and thinking... "what the.... ?" :roll:
I decided my brain had had enough and perhaps I should just wait until tomorrow to finish the final block for this week. I have learned the hard way that there are times I simply need to walk away and stop quilting before I make a complete mess of things.

I'm glad no one was standing around watching me as I opened it up and started to iron it. I'm sure my expression was quite hilarious to look at. :roll: I finally just shook my head and decided it wasn't something that needed to be "fixed" and after taking a picture I trimmed it up. At least it still counts toward the fabric raffle. Right!?! ;)
Tiffany your so funny. You make me smile!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM

Ok I am not giving up but it looks like I will be behind. My computer didn't work well with the DJ software, it keeps crashing. The software doesn't like or won't run because of the sound card and the graphics. Not sure how long to get it fixed but DH is working on it. Have to borrow laptop to post right now. I am really behind on reading the post wow so many pages not sure I will ever get them all read. I do have a book on PP and working on learnimg that so when I can start on DJ maybe it won't take to long to catch up. Learning to PP from book is not so easy but I will get it. This is the best swap because it is only me and not someone else waiting on my blocks!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by MoodyKim
Ok I am not giving up but it looks like I will be behind. My computer didn't work well with the DJ software, it keeps crashing. The software doesn't like or won't run because of the sound card and the graphics. Not sure how long to get it fixed but DH is working on it. Have to borrow laptop to post right now. I am really behind on reading the post wow so many pages not sure I will ever get them all read. I do have a book on PP and working on learnimg that so when I can start on DJ maybe it won't take to long to catch up. Learning to PP from book is not so easy but I will get it. This is the best swap because it is only me and not someone else waiting on my blocks!
Oh how frustrating! Have you contacted the software makers? They're very good at helping figure out issues.