Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 212 213 214 223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Elle, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad that you are so far along. I will get there.

Yes you will shemjo, will be your turn soon to sit with that big grin on your face

oooooohhhhhhhhh Elle, that is simply gorgeous.

Thanks Debbie, if I can do it, you can. there were times when I thought I never would. Never underestamate what a huge task this quilt is, but you are going to feel that you have climbed Everest when its done. So go girls go.

Elle your Asian Jane is just fabulous. Something to inspire me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Thanks Debbie, if I can do it, you can. there were times when I thought I never would. Never underestamate what a huge task this quilt is, but you are going to feel that you have climbed Everest when its done. So go girls go.
    LOL, the view is great from up here ladies, come join me! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Some of us are climbing as fast as we can Lesley!! LOL!

Thanks Meredith. I canīt remember if I have seen yours in a while, you must be nearly there as well.

Elle
    Yes, my quilt top is finished, see page 345.

I was in a quilt shop this afternoon and found myself looking at yellow fabrics...

Blog Entries
    Yellow??? So are you thinking along Elle's line for AOTH?

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love yellow!!! I think Elle's (and maybe yours) is going to be terrific with yellow.

Ah hah, yellow fabric, it will look fabulous dahlin LOL

will go check out your quilt must have missed it. I canīt remember Oooops senior moment.

LOL Lesley yep the view is great.

I did see your quilt Meredith, what a wally I am I even commented on how stunning it was.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yellow??? So are you thinking along Elle's line for AOTH?
    After that posting of a link that had a quilt with a light background...didn't tickle me too much. I dont' know, I'm so confused! :? Elle's fabs are sooo pretty. The creams with reds and pinks seemed so right for me, it is probably what I will do. Thank goodness I don't need to decide today! :D

I did see your quilt Meredith, what a wally I am I even commented on how stunning it was.

Elle
    :lol:

Blog Entries
    Meredith..Elle's yellow is much more vibrant than the lighter background on the link that was provided. I really think that the yellow she is using will look fabulous. Maybe she'll do a "mock up" block for us...LOL!! :wink:

I'm soosoooooooo excited!!! I have to show ya'll what I did today. I finally got really brave and just started on my quilting plan for my trapunto tris on my border. I've never done any pebbling before, but its fun! Time consuming and thread eating, but fun! I'm a little over half way done with one side. I sewed for about 2 1/2- 3 hrs. on it today..so slow...but whadda ya' think??

The white is still chalk/water soluable thread..it will go away
    Name:  Attachment-93199.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  73.7 KB

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOW! Looks super! That really makes your design stand out, soesn't it?

I need to do more pebbling as my stones don't look all that round - more like a chisel hit them.

Beautiful Elle, You rock!!

Keep on truckin Bev!! Your blocks look great!

Patti, I love your pebbling. It takes a lot of work and time for you!

I'm quilting row H now. You are all my inspiration and I want to get finished. My sewing room is lonely though! LOL!!

Patty, It looks awesome!!! Love the pebble effect...

Go Jan...Wow, row H!!!

Go Jan, I know its lonely but just check in once in a while. I had to stop sewing because my back ached so much from sitting there bent over it, so Ihave to get up and walk around. Row H is fabulous only 5 more to go. You will catch me up i no time at all.

Elle

Patti, Explain me please I am dumb. Why are you using water soluble thread, where? surely when you wash it the thread will disolve and then what. I know theres a purpose here but I am defeated on this one.... doh !!

By the way Patti, I love, love what you have done its stunning

Patti, Explain me please I am dumb. Why are you using water soluble thread, where? surely when you wash it the thread will disolve and then what. I know theres a purpose here but I am defeated on this one.... doh !!

hehe :) yep funny isn't it -- I did it once and should do it again! you do "faux" trapunto by stitching an extra layer of batting to what you want to puff with water soluble thread and then cut off the part of the batting only from the area you dont want to puff. then you make your quilt sandwich by adding reg batting and back and go ahead and quilt - AFTER changing to normal thread. When you wash your quilt the "basting" washable thread comes out! It really is super!! [so long as you remember NOT to use the washable thread anywhere in your machine for your permanent quilting....that is a bummer because it too washes out :roll: :oops: ]

Quote Originally Posted by BevD
    OK, finally worked out the pictures....
    I bought the Dear Jane CD early January and decided I would join in the group and try to use the 2010 weekly timeline.

So far I am about a week behind as I went on holiday for a week but took the blocks I made and quilted them as per Lesley's instructions...well done Lesley.

Anyway, here are the pictures from the first 4 weeks..haven't straightened them up as yet.....will get to that I'm sure :)
    WOW Bev - I should join you!!! think I can catch up?? I felt bad I didnt discover quilting board til October because I have a DJ Im dying to start... oh so many UFOs already!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

hehe :) yep funny isn't it -- I did it once and should do it again! you do "faux" trapunto by stitching an extra layer of batting to what you want to puff with water soluble thread and then cut off the part of the batting only from the area you dont want to puff. then you make your quilt sandwich by adding reg batting and back and go ahead and quilt - AFTER changing to normal thread. When you wash your quilt the "basting" washable thread comes out! It really is super!! [so long as you remember NOT to use the washable thread anywhere in your machine for your permanent quilting....that is a bummer because it too washes out :roll: :oops: ]
    Well Elle, there is your answer! You aren't dumb either...you've just never done it and I haven't yet done that trapunto tute you requested..:oops: And thanks for the compliment. I finished 1 side this morning. Its going a bit faster now, only about 20 minutes or so for each tri.

YES..do join in you'll find it very rewarding. Once you start I'm sure you will quickly catch up, even if you don't it's not a problem you just need to work at your own pace. Life happens and sometimes we just don't get time to do all the sewing we would like.
    I have only just finished wk 5 blocks which I will take a pic of and post in the appropriate wk from 2010 this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Quote Originally Posted by BevD
    OK, finally worked out the pictures....
    I bought the Dear Jane CD early January and decided I would join in the group and try to use the 2010 weekly timeline.

So far I am about a week behind as I went on holiday for a week but took the blocks I made and quilted them as per Lesley's instructions...well done Lesley.

Anyway, here are the pictures from the first 4 weeks..haven't straightened them up as yet.....will get to that I'm sure :)
    WOW Bev - I should join you!!! think I can catch up?? I felt bad I didnt discover quilting board til October because I have a DJ Im dying to start... oh so many UFOs already!

WOW Sandpat that looks fantastic. Will be beautiful when completed.

Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 212 213 214 223 ... LastLast