Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 263 of 617 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 262 263 264 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Yeah I wouldn't really want to send it somewhere I can't get to within a few hours max. Maybe with lots of luck by the time I am done I will be confident enough to actually do it all myself. and maybe by then DH will have bought me a hoop or frame to fit it on, hint hint, I will have to mention this to him,lol
    Tell him now so that he has time to save up for it.

I will have to do that!! but knowing him he won't save he will just buy!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Blue- as far as the quilting, I am hoping that no one will shoot me for this but, I was thinking of having it done by a LA quilter as I feel that if I actually finish it I would spend the money to do this. I have also thought of hand quilting but am very scared!!
    STAR, I am doing this as well! There is no way I'm quilting my Jane Stickle creation myself!! I'm sending it to a long-armer; one that I have used in the past. :D I was thinking I was the only one thinking of doing this! LOL

Blog Entries
    Lugo, Hope all goes well for DH.

I found out from a lady at my Guild that there's a local church group where the ladies will hand quilt a quilt in return for a set donation to the church. I don't know if they'd be willing to do a Batik Jane like mine though - batiks are notoriously hard to hand quilt because of the tight weave of the fabric (or so I'm told - I'm only just learning to hand quilt). There are a few long-armers in my area, though, so that's an option for me too. I'll have to look into it further.

Jan

I was just commenting to LaceLady that I'm tempted to send mine out, but I also want my quilt to be one that I made by myself...I am learning to hand quilt so my skills will be in better shape when I'm done piecing this monsterella! We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginabelle
    Hey y'all, I just wanted to drop in and say what an inspiration you have become to me. I've been lurking on this board since the end of the year and after reading EVERY post in the all the Dear Jane threads I have to get involved. I want so much to make a DJ and realize that without having a group of friends, chances are it will never happen.

It will take me a few weeks to get my stuff together and get caught up, but hopefully I can get there before Valentine's day!
    Welcome aboard. You won't be the only one behind. :-) I had a house guest and now 2 weeks behind. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    As I was going through the different swaps yesterday I noticed a new member who has done 189 Jane Stickle blocks. It's in her signature. So I PMed her and ask if she would post pics of what she has done. I also invited her to join us if she wished. She said she would post this weekend in Pictures. So be watching for 'mistiliz' and her creation. She's been working on it around two years.
    Cool!

You'll hammer 'em out in no time Sewsew! Most are quite straightforward!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    if you're making small blocks ... say ... 6" finished or less ... you should consider trimming your seam allowances to less than 1/4".

if you do foundation piecing or plan to echo quilt close to both sides of the seams, a 1/8" allowance should remain sturdy throughout the years. otherwise, i'd recommend 3/16" or thereabouts.

the narrower allowances will leave more "quiltable" surface.
    I'm triming my seam allowance smaller then 1/4" and hoping they will hold. :-) I think they will. I am doing a shorter stitch then normal.

Page 263 of 617 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 262 263 264 273 313 363 ... LastLast