Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Klue - hope all goes well for your husband. I will be keeping good thoughts for him.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Klue, so great to have you back with us! Thoughts and prayers for DH, also.

Lacelady, I hear you about heebeejeebies. Just the thought of shipping internationally makes me feel lightheaded!!

I'll be hand quilting and realize it will take me a VERY long time to do so but I love hand quilting. It's incredibly relaxing. I have seen a couple Janes at shows and the ones I've seen have been hand quilted with each block having a unique pattern...probably because of those seams...but they're an incredible site to behold.

I started out with a lot of hand sewing.I hope to finish another quilt soon---that should be great practice for Jane. I'm hoping I'll get faster but am ok with my s-l-o-w pace for now.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM

I wondered because I am going to do this on point with black triangles between my DJ blocks I could do a design in each of the black blocks and just leave the DJ free. Would this work? I am relatively new at quilting so all ideas welcome.

Elle
Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM

Am not getting my messages in email so I am posting. Maybe that will help.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM

I've been having the same thoughts about quilting mine. I want it as close to authenic as possible. Wish we could see how she did hers. I've looked and strained my eyes trying to see hers but can't. Are'nt we all something thinking that far down the road? I call it confident!!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I wondered because I am going to do this on point with black triangles between my DJ blocks I could do a design in each of the black blocks and just leave the DJ free. Would this work? I am relatively new at quilting so all ideas welcome.

Elle
If I were doing that Elle, I would at least want to stitch down the sashing or something, because otherwise it wouldn't hold together in the middle.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janstar
I've been having the same thoughts about quilting mine. I want it as close to authenic as possible. Wish we could see how she did hers. I've looked and strained my eyes trying to see hers but can't. Are'nt we all something thinking that far down the road? I call it confident!!
I have the book, and can see quite a lot of the quilting designs in the individual block pictures in that.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Klue, so great to have you back with us! Thoughts and prayers for DH, also.

Lacelady, I hear you about heebeejeebies. Just the thought of shipping internationally makes me feel lightheaded!!

I'll be hand quilting and realize it will take me a VERY long time to do so but I love hand quilting. It's incredibly relaxing. I have seen a couple Janes at shows and the ones I've seen have been hand quilted with each block having a unique pattern...probably because of those seams...but they're an incredible site to behold.

I started out with a lot of hand sewing.I hope to finish another quilt soon---that should be great practice for Jane. I'm hoping I'll get faster but am ok with my s-l-o-w pace for now.
Are you planning on using a big floor frame or what?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
If I were doing that Elle, I would at least want to stitch down the sashing or something, because otherwise it wouldn't hold together in the middle.
I agree with Lacelady...the blocks are small enough that you could get away with minimal quilting on the Jane blocks...I doubt many of our Janes will see consistent wear and (God FORBID) tear. :-D Mine will not have solid blocks next to them & I'm debating about sashing.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:33 PM

Lacelady, I have access to a couple frames but prefer to use a large hoop. I have several different styles but have a couple favorites. My hoops are from my grandmother and the frames from my mother. Since I learned with the hoop originally and have had the freedom of turning the hoop rather than my hand, I have a more difficult time with the restrictions of a frame.