Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Yes Bettia...I don't have that problem on my laptop, but definitely on my regular desktop computer! I end up turning it off then on again!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bettia
sewsew, my laptop locks up when i try to open anything except scrapbook or blocks in the dj software.
maybe i need to download it again....????????????
anyone else having this problem?
My laptop is going to our IT guy tomorrow. I think I have a problem with my McAfee anti-virus software. I can't open any of my programs without the laptop locking up. Strangely enough I have no problem connecting the internet. Go figure.

I think I will mention that other people are having problems too that have the Dear Jane software. We may need to contact EQ to see if they know of any problems with their software.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
Here is a chart I made in Microsoft Excel for the Trip Around the World color layout. I kept having a hard time getting in my mind which block should be what color. I had to draw it out on paper. Thought I would share in case there are other minds out there like mine. :-) Sorry I couldn't post this as a pdf. I don't have the software to convert it.
I am so sorry. When I got home from work today I noticed that I have the rows and columns labeled wrong. They are labeled as excel labels rows and columns not as Brenda labeled rows and columns. I can fix it tomorrow at work.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 PM

my laptop had a nervous breakdown tonite.
i had to download a bunch of stuff from norton, rebooted and she's back on the road. Except her fingers can't spell very good.
I wonder if DJ software had anything to do with it. I haven't logged into DJ since, maybe I should do that.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

There have been some really nasty viruses going around lately, maybe ya'll had one of those. I haven't had any trouble with the software (fingers/toes crossed for luck). You might have to totally delete and then re-install. I'm really afraid to mess with my security software... :shock:
Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 AM

OMG, I think you're right Patti. I logged on last nite and I could even set up my own JS.

Jumping up and down like I always imagine Blue doing, with hand in the air.

I still can't print. I am going to download software to desktop tonight and see if I can print from there. I hope so, so I can get started on these blocks.

ttyl
Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Well, that will get you started off right! Good luck with the printing. The blocks are really addicting, so once you get started...look out!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I look at this group, and the way that Jane's quilt has bought all these people together from all over the world, and think you just can't put a price on that.
DITTO!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Just as a complete change of direction....

what do you guys think about a prize at the end of each six week period, for the biggest blunder?

I just sewed a whole section of a block on backwards, I was so pleased I had perfect points I didn't even realise it was entirely the wrong way! LOL But I never thought to take a photo.

I was impressed the other day when cutebuns posted a photo of her triangle that didn't go well, and Klue has posted a block she plans to redo, it's nice to know that such amazing quilters have things that don't go well. We all know it happens, but you don't really believe till you see it.

So, I had the idea that maybe we should have a blunder prize, that we all vote for the best one at the end of each six weeks. I don't mind sending something from here, or everyone could send a charm square... I haven't really thought this through! LOL But I think if we saw more mistakes we might not be so hard on ourselves. :-)
I Win LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 PM

LOL

I've had a few that looked like they've had acupuncture! ;-)

I wish I'd taken a photo of my backwards one, it would be a good start.
Blue - you crack me up!