Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Elle, I skipped printing the colored completed block to save on ink expenses this week and wound up having to re-do blocks because of it.

I can still skip printing them as long as I double check the layout before putting the rows together. I just have to make sure I actually do it because apparently it's backwards in my head. LOL
I print the block and use colored pencils for color placement and work off of that. Then just circle the number on PP pattern with colored pencil.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
once we hit march i'll be able to work further ahead but i have some quilts that i've got to finished up first before i can devote all my time to jane.
Yep, I'm in the same boat, what with wedding quilts and baby quilts and other obligatory quilts due by March. And I'm still waiting for that blasted background fabric. :evil:
That's unbelievable! How long have you been waiting? Long time, right?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
i am making sure that i keep myself busy. got some not so good news from DH's doctor.....his new liver is trying to reject and his kidneys are not up to par. between DJ and the baby quilt that i need to have done by august i hope to keep very busy to keep my mind off of things :roll:
I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Sheree
Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 PM

to all,

i've copied the following PM here with PatriceJ permission. please read because it dramatically effects the way the Cyber Party can operate.

Subject: Some Clarification
i'm aware of the current dust-storm surrounding Dear Jane. as I've told Shadow, i feel partially responsible. i didn't understand fully what you planned to post and haven't checked meticulously to make sure we stayed within safe boundaries.

because my initial research confirmed your assertion that independent discussion and tutorials can be found all over the internet i relaxed a bit too much. in doing more research i noticed that whenever one finds a commercial offering of things related to Dear Jane, the phrases "Dear Jane is a registered trademark" and "used with permission" are consistently and clearly noted.

i'm not a lawyer. i can't afford a lawyer. i prefer to err on the side of caution. so, i ask that you modify the activity a bit in the following ways to keep us all safe and sound.

(1) don't post any patterns or tutorials for any blocks unique to the Dear Jane quilt. photos of finished blocks are still fine. i also don't see any reason you couldn't talk about some of the techniques needed to complete a block successfully - as long as the result isn't a tutorial for that block.
(2) don't use the Dear Jane software to create printable files for blocks also obviously in the public domain. if you import those blocks from the Dear Jane software into EQ the resulting files do not bear the trademarked Dear Jane name.

make sure to mention often - throughout each individual topic - that participants in the BOM are required and expected to purchase the book and/or software.

just to be super-safe we're going to delete the patterns. in the unlikely event i stumble across anything else that makes me nervous i'll delete that, too. DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

this is merely a technical correction for safety's sake. we live and learn. we make mistakes. we try our best to fix them and move on.
Just got back from being gone for a couple weeks. This just blows me away!?!?!?!? I have numerous pages to read from this point on to catch up, but this seems really rediculous to me. All your time spent posting for us. Are you beside yourself? I am.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Don't panic yet!

*runs around in circles screaming*

We will sort something out.... klue will sort something, I'm sure. :-)
The panic button has been hit!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM

i'm just explaining what shadow and patrice have said and every post that refers to emailing of dear jane stuff will be deleted.

shadow was up until 4am going thru all my posts looking for anything that might expose admin and she deleted it.

i was told point blank that i am not to do this any longer.
Klue - I feel devastated for you (and all of us) with this. You put so much time into it to just have it wiped out.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Hello all. I have opened a blog. It's listed on my signature line. If it's not there yet, it will be soon. I hope to post as much as I can to help everyone thru it. I urge all of you to keep checking in. Again, there is no reason we can't post tutes as long as we aren't showing the patterns from the software...(at least that's my understanding). I'm sure we'll hear from the powers that be if it's a problem.

Also, send me your email address so I can stay in touch with you.
Just visited your blog. Love It!!!!!!!! Thank you.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I think we should wait till Klue comes back and see what she wants to do..... this has been her baby all along, and I'd hate to see her walk away, she's put far too much work in. I'm sure she's working on a plan right now, a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel! ;-) (do you guys even get Blackadder over there? I hope so, otherwise I'm going to look like a raving loon ;-) )
Once again Blue............you make me smile!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
I totally agree, nightmares!... I cant seem to get the hang of those things yet... I think quilt blocks should e just that.. BLOCKS!! Lol, I have never seen a block with only three sides!
They make me crazy also....but aren;t they beautiful and worth the hair pulling? LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
If anyone want help with pointed shapes, i.e., leaf or circles I am will to help

Elle
You are a dear Elle!