Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 September 2011 Ohio School House block pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver70
    My Ohio School House without embellishments yet. I need to make some of my blocks bigger by adding something and one or two are too big already. Do they all have to be the same size? I guess it just depends on how you set them together. I'm not too creative, so I will watch to see what you all do, if you don't mind.
    Love your block skydiver.

My blocks are not all the same size, which is how I wanted it. I will make fill ins when I am putting it together.

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I really like all the ones everyone has done on each month's project. I just fail to comment as my computer is so slow at times...athough I don't think as slow as me. LOL

Blog Entries
    I decided to move the tower to the center, add some steps, and call it a courthouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine
    I decided to move the tower to the center, add some steps, and call it a courthouse.
    Your block is Great!! :thumbup: I love your idea of changing the tower & calling it a Courthouse. It just amazes me all of the ideas everyone is coming up with!! Good Job. Thank you for sharing.
    :D :D :D :D

pal
    Hey Whitepine, wonderful idea! It is a perfect courthouse. Way to go, thinking outside the box. That's one of the reasons I love this Board - we get to see things through different eyes.

Cute ! more !!

The Ohio School House Block was "interesting". When I printed it so the 1 inch square was actually 1 inch, the block was not a 12-1/2 inch block. I had to add to the sides and bottom. I have not figured out what the problem is, but I made it work. At least I finished this one before the last week of the month.

The fabric in the windows has the alphabet scattered over it. It is very faint, and the flash would cause it to disappear all together.

Blog Entries
    i'm almost caught up. have to do the bird house and embelish some on these blocks. I copied someones light house. hope you don't mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew_it_up
    The Ohio School House Block was "interesting". When I printed it so the 1 inch square was actually 1 inch, the block was not a 12-1/2 inch block. I had to add to the sides and bottom. I have not figured out what the problem is, but I made it work. At least I finished this one before the last week of the month.

The fabric in the windows has the alphabet scattered over it. It is very faint, and the flash would cause it to disappear all together.
    You have made a great School House block too!! :thumbup: I love the red color that you made it with & the alphabet fabric in your windows. You didn't do a thing wrong with the size of your block. If you look on the pattern, it will tell you that it is a 10" block. Several blocks are not 12"s, so we have added on to make them the same size. Very nice work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso
    i'm almost caught up. have to do the bird house and embelish some on these blocks. I copied someones light house. hope you don't mind.
    Your blocks are all looking wonderful!! :thumbup: Yes, I really like your light house block too. It is certainly okay to add any blocks that you would like too. Thank you for sharing your lovely collection.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast