Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 113 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 112 113 114 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

  1. #1121
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Waldport, OR
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. Attachment 316100Attachment 316101
    Whitepine, these are beautiful. They really go well together.

  2. #1122
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    2,474
    There was a posting under the "help" area that said the best size for this QB is 640 x 480. When It won't upload because it is too big, I right clicked and just typed in the 640 and it fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    I don't know what kind of camera you have but is you pic under pictures? If it is right click on it and go to "open with". It should give you some options. Find the option that lets you resize it. Also I will go try to find that link they have here to show you how to resize. I will return.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

  3. #1123
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. Attachment 316100Attachment 316101
    Whitepine, I love your name that you have chosen for your quilt, lovely blocks.

    I love everyone's blocks!!!

    It is always fun to see what fabrics everyone has used for their stars. Each star takes on a different appearance or style while still keeping the state star pattern.

  4. #1124
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    2,474
    Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend
    told me about them.

    And all the Florida blocks are coming out wonderful. Love them all.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

  5. #1125
    Super Member tomilu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,702
    Blog Entries
    14
    [QUOTE=whitepine;5015910]Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. QUOTE]

    Are you going to make a quilt with these 9 lucious blocks? You have done a wonderful job.

  6. #1126
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend
    told me about them.

    And all the Florida blocks are coming out wonderful. Love them all.
    I ordered a set from Amazon today to give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing this suggestion. I can hardly wait to receive them so I can try them out!
    Patricia Faye

  7. #1127
    Super Member SheriR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend told me about them.
    Judy could you post a pic demonstrating them please?
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

  8. #1128
    Senior Member whitepine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Olympic Pen., WA
    Posts
    790
    Blog Entries
    1
    [QUOTE=tomilu;5016500]
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. QUOTE]

    Are you going to make a quilt with these 9 lucious blocks? You have done a wonderful job.
    Thanks, Tomilu. No, I'm planning on doing a king sized bedspread with all 50. How about you? Do you have plans yet?

  9. #1129
    Super Member tomilu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,702
    Blog Entries
    14
    [QUOTE=whitepine;5017531]
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu View Post

    Thanks, Tomilu. No, I'm planning on doing a king sized bedspread with all 50. How about you? Do you have plans yet?
    I really haven't decided; may do a couple of quilts. Our bed is queen.

  10. #1130
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    2,474
    They look just like crayons, and you use them like crayons. Some areas heavily shaded, some lightly colored. Don't know how a pix would show how to use them. Sorry
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Page 113 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 112 113 114 123 163 213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.