Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 278 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I like waiting to see how others have arranged their colors...it helps me make my choices. I have the colors laid out for Arizona...maybe start it tonight.

My DH keeps asking "now who is this one for?" When I tell him it is for us, he just sighs. LOL...silly guy. I have many squares waiting to be put together into a real top so I know why he is sighing. Gotta love him for putting up with me.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Very nice block Janey. You did a great job! .. I agree... for some reason this block was hard for me. I kept putting the pieces on in the wrong direction and they didn't fit.. My ripper am I were best of friends on this one. LOL

Janey, you are not late and it may not be your favorite but I think it is very pretty. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong if you have purple in it. AND you have DOTS!
    Last edited by PokerDiva; 01-16-2012 at 06:19 AM.

I understand the frustration on this block, and I think one of the main problems were the sizes of the cut pieces in her directions. For example, piece #7 (for which I cut all 8 pieces) was way too small but didn't realize it until I tried to put it in the block. Sigh. There were a couple other pieces that were a bit skimpy. Perhaps later editions corrected the errors, but too late for me LOL
    Piecing, then quilting, with the North Wind blowing,
    The days go by quickly when I am sewing.

Wow - I seem to repeat myself everytime I go to post, but can't think of anything else but that word to start with. All of the stars posted are great. Love those southwestern (even though I don't decorate in those colors, I do love them), the sea, the ones that 'pop' out and those that are more muted. Take them all right now and we'd have a fantastic quilt already!! I'm working at the church today, so won't be home till later to sew, but have my next star cut out - have to try and keep ahead - and will start sewing on that this week. Don't stick your fingers ladies and keep the frogging to a minimum if possible.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

A little trick I discovered helps me. I have all 4 of the paper patterns pinned firmly together so they don't slip around. Then I take the thread out of my machine. I change it to the biggest basting stitch and sew with the empty needle over all the fold lines inside the pattern. Now I have a pattern with hundreds of little holes in it for guide holes.

This really has helped me when I am lining up the fabric as I can see my next "line" with the basting holes.

It also helps me fold the paper over when I am trimming for the next section too if you follow Carol's instructions for the pre-trimming method.

Hope this helps someone else too.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Quote Originally Posted by tomilu View Post
    LOVE your star, Nicky!!!
    Me toooooo!!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

I pay no attention to the sizes she says to cut. I measure them all myself. That way the only person I can get mad at is me.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    I understand the frustration on this block, and I think one of the main problems were the sizes of the cut pieces in her directions. For example, piece #7 (for which I cut all 8 pieces) was way too small but didn't realize it until I tried to put it in the block. Sigh. There were a couple other pieces that were a bit skimpy. Perhaps later editions corrected the errors, but too late for me LOL

Good idea, PokerDiva!!!! Hopefully, I will get all 3 of mine posted this week.

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Arizona star

Here is my Arizona Star:

Page 56 of 278 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 156 ... LastLast