Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    I have a quick question for you quilters that like paper piecing - I too like to paper piece if I don't have a lot of seams coming together in the center of a block - I usually end up with a bulky center - any advice on how to correct that?
    Thank you for your help.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Dabbler. When I was taught to paper piece I was told to leave the paper on until all of the sides of the block were sewn to another block. That is what I do. On blocks where a bunch of seams come together in the middle like these stars I removed the paper in the centers of the stars only before sewing them together. THat saved some of the bulk.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice meanmom. I've purchased the book and I did one star for the center of a small DQ but had issues with the center not being flat. Guess I'll just have to keep practicing - it will get better.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Florence, I have been out of the loop and just saw your quilt. It is gorgeous! Thank you for being such a great leader in this journey!!

Katie, so pretty!

Sue, I love them all together! I will keep scrolling until I find the finished quilt!

Anael, I got the right size by sewing right on the outside of the line when joining the sections of each star. When you sew on the center of the line you lose a little bit with each seam.

Here are a few photos of my finished quilt after I added the border to make it larger, as well as the pillow shams.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you Nicky. Yours turned out beautiful too. Glad to see people are still working on them.

Nicky, your quilt is gorgeous as well as the quilting!
    Thanks for the advice on sewing on the outside of the line. It's been a while since I worked on the Star blocks. Have to finish some projects first before I get back to this one!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    I have a quick question for you quilters that like paper piecing - I too like to paper piece if I don't have a lot of seams coming together in the center of a block - I usually end up with a bulky center - any advice on how to correct that?
    Thank you for your help.
    Carol Doak teaches us to trim the seam allowance to a point when you have a lot of star points coming together. You would be surprised how much this helps. And yes keep,paper on until quilt is all together. I use her paper it just can't be beat and it's not that expensive. She now has both sizes of paper.

Hugs,
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    Here are a few photos of my finished quilt after I added the border to make it larger, as well as the pillow shams.
    Wow!!! The quilt looks amazing!!!! You did a wonderful job on it. Love the two pillow shams too.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Love the quilts. I finally finished mine yesterday. I was determined to not let it become a UFO. I have way too many of those. I love how mine came out. All it needs is a quick toss in the washing machine and to put it on my bed. I had my longarmer put all of the state names randomly in my sashings. I will try to post my pictures later or tomorrow.
    Where is the Carol Doak BOM?

Meanmom, the Carol Doak BOM is in her Yahoo Group.

Blog Entries
    Hi Nicky, That turned out great, and the shams really bring it all together. Excellent! I love your bedroom too.

Blog Entries
    Wow Nicky I love how yours turned out. It looks great on your bed. I can't wait to wash mine so I can get it on my bed. I was going to wash it today but it is supposed to rain all day and I like to hang my quilts outside on the clothesline to dry. Maybe tomorrow. I am making a wall hanging out of my one leftover block as only 49 fit in the quilt. I am making 4 of the Vermont blocks to put together. I have 3 finished. That is my next UFO project on my list. My rule for this year is I have to finish 2 UFO's to start a new project. SO far I am doing pretty good on this. Soon I will be in trouble because all of the easy UFO's will be done and I will ahve to move on to the more time consuming ones.
    Pat

I just bought four yards of a pretty and colorful fabric that I plan to use when I start my Star quilt. Now to see how many fabrics I have in my current stash that will work with it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Nicky your quilt is stunning!!!! The whole bed looks beautiful.

Wow I am so glad people are still working on this and some are just starting. Nygal, please post pics of your blocks as you get them done.

Just thought I'd drop by for a look see & much to my delight found the most wonderous of star collections from extremely talented quilters! My bucket list is calling me to do this quilt but have 24 in line already. I can only hope to achieve a fraction of the beauty I found on this thread!

Just bought this book and just got started. Is it too late to join in?

The group is officially over with but never too late to start. Post your pics here. We would all love to see them an follow your adventure.

I finally made my second block. It took me a while to get back to quilting and I don't know when I will make the third one but one day I'm getting there
    Here it is: ColoradoName:  Colorado (559 x 565).jpg
Views: 147
Size:  81.8 KB

Very nice, just work slowly and you'll get more done.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Beautiful Anael. Keep it up.

Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 105 106 107 ... LastLast