Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    ooh beautiful paintmejudy..love that..we are just moving right along..I haven't even started taking the paper off the back. i better start that now or I will still be ripping paper off while the rest of you are quilting
    Patrice

Idaho

And here is my Idaho star. Everybody's star are so pretty, and it's so much fun seeing the different colors and backgrounds. I'm keeping to mybeige's for the back ground, but I do love the black background, but since I have 3 dogs and a cat, although I love black, it just wouldn't work in this household. But a little black like in my block will work well. Every time I make one of these stars I keep wondering how I'm going to quilt it......I'm not, I'm sending it out. There will be to much work into this that I would hate to ruin it. Happy sewing everyone!
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    And here is my Idaho star. Everybody's star are so pretty, and it's so much fun seeing the different colors and backgrounds. I'm keeping to mybeige's for the back ground, but I do love the black background, but since I have 3 dogs and a cat, although I love black, it just wouldn't work in this household. But a little black like in my block will work well. Every time I make one of these stars I keep wondering how I'm going to quilt it......I'm not, I'm sending it out. There will be to much work into this that I would hate to ruin it. Happy sewing everyone!
    I swear, this is the only place I have trouble uploading pictures. If it has come up and this is a duplicate, sorry!!!! Well I see two posts, uploaded two pictures and nothing is here. I do not like this new QB. It takes longer to upload a picture than it does to make the entire block. You can delete, if it lets you, just edit your post and you can delete it. But don't delete it just because it's the wrong week, just post Idaho next week. At least you got to get your pictures up. I didn't and I'm very upset about it. Ever since this changed over, it takes me all day to post something. I may have to just watch everyone else and not bother posting any of my things.
    Last edited by klgreene; 03-18-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Adding information

About time

About time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    About time
    It was worth the wait. Mine is almost done.

Thanks tomilu! I love doing these and I love seeing everyone else's, but I was just about ready to call it FINISH! I've posted tons and tons of pictures, but never have so much trouble as on here. So I'm still here for a while.!!! LOL

Katie, great block. Glad we got to see it. Judy, I don't care if it is the wrong week, it's a beauty.

Blog Entries
    Here is my Idaho. The floral is what started my color choices. I'm using it for sashing if it works.
    Name:  Idaho.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  51.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tomilu View Post
    Here is my Idaho. The floral is what started my color choices. I'm using it for sashing if it works.
    Love your colors. They make a beautiful block! Good job.
    Patricia Faye

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    yea! another star completed- ready for the 'new week'
    here is my Idaho- and the first 12 completed- only 44 to go i should get organized and make a couple of my alternative blocks---but so far it is enough to get my one a week done

as usual everyone's is looking FABULOUS!!! great job all!!!

All your blocks are lovely. The dark black background really makes them POP! Nice job.
    Patricia Faye

Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    Here is my scrappy Idaho! All the blocks are looking great, Ladies!
    Nicky, your scrappy block is awesome! I love the colors.
    Patricia Faye

I love all the blocks that are posted. Each of you has done an excellent job.
    Patricia Faye

Blog Entries
    Thanks tomilu! I love doing these and I love seeing everyone else's, but I was just about ready to call it FINISH! I've posted tons and tons of pictures, but never have so much trouble as on here. So I'm still here for a while.!!! LOL
    Have you tried resizing your pictures? Thats what I had to do
    Patrice

I am retired so have the time to do "extra" blocks & I love these. Here the ones I've completed thus far. I usually cut the fabric for about 10 blocks at one time so that is out of the way & I can spend the time sewing.

Name:  DSC00722.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  1.23 MB Name:  DSC00728.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  1.23 MB Name:  DSC00770.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  1.74 MB
    Patricia Faye

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a beautiful bunch of Idaho blocks. MonaLisa, love the orange and turquoise. PokerDiva, that blue really pops. PaintMeJudy, love the graduation of colors in your batiks (even if it was Illinois, and I can't wait to hear the song). Tomilu, that floral sashing is beautiful and is really going to pull it together. PatriciaFaye, you are a sewing machine (I jokes). And any I've missed, really beautiful.

Well, this song to sew by is a bit of a stretch for Idaho, but the singer, Rosalie Sorrels, folk singer, is from Idaho and Boise is mentioned. Written by Utah Phillips. Beautiful images.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr96I...eature=related

Blog Entries
    Another Idaho.
    Name:  Idaho.red.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  264.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Another Idaho.
    Name:  Idaho.red.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  264.7 KB
    Good job on your points White Pine! I love your blue and green batiks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post
    I am retired so have the time to do "extra" blocks & I love these. Here the ones I've completed thus far. I usually cut the fabric for about 10 blocks at one time so that is out of the way & I can spend the time sewing.
    Your Illinois is so much nicer than the book. I'm not fond of many of her color choices, lol. Good job on all!

Your Illinois is so much nicer than the book. I'm not fond of many of her color choices, lol. Good job on all!
    Thank you so much! I'm using the fabric I have in my stash so sometimes I can't match her colors but so far they have still turned out nice.
    Patricia Faye

Blog Entries
    Love the floral. I'm trying to use a floral theme for all of mine. The dark blue is a favorite of mine too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post

Name:  DSC00722.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  1.23 MB Name:  DSC00728.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  1.23 MB Name:  DSC00770.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  1.74 MB
    Patricia Faye: In the grouping, what block is that in the upper left corner? It's really cute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sue z q View Post
    Love the floral. I'm trying to use a floral theme for all of mine. The dark blue is a favorite of mine too.
    Thanks. I have cut out the next two blocks to do at small group tomorrow; am looking forward to it.
    tomilu

I am actually in Idaho at the moment visiting hubby's parents. FIL is 93 this month, MIL just turned 86. It snowed just for us yesterday. I have only 10 stars completed, all with the same background. I promise I'll catchup when I get home to Texas. Today I'm going QS Shop Hopping with my Idaho sister.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    I have my block cut out but not assembled. I'm not sure when I will get to it. I have my quilt retreat this weekend and I have several things to sew for it. I plan on taking several blocks with me to work on during my free time. I am really looking forward to my retreat.
    Everyones blocks are so beautiful. Yes I agree with several of you. I don't like a lot of the color choices in the book, but I love what I am seeing here. Can't wait to get mine done. I have a baby quilt to get done as soon as I get home. The baby shower is April 22. I have the strips cut but nothing is sewed. Keep up the good work everyone.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    There is a fabric I have been lusting after for weeks. My LQS used it in a quilt and is out of it. It is a fabric from 2 years ago. I wanted it for my sashing in my star quilt. I have been searching the internet for 2 weeks for it. I finally found it and it arrived today. It is perfect. Once I get a certain fabric in my head nothing else will do.

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 64 104 ... LastLast