Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by iwillquilt View Post
Here is my Alaska Block. Sorry I forgot to resize it. So it is a bit big.
Very pretty colors; good job! Reminds me of spring.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

whitepine- your Alaska block is Wonderful! not plain at all- sometimes keeping it simple can make the most impact! you did a wonderful job on it- and it has plenty of contrast- don't feel you need to change a thing- it is just right-just the way it is
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

iwillquilt---oh my goodness! i LOVE,, LOVE, LOVE your Alaska block with the pink & roses-it is beautiful! and a great 'change'!

and whitepine---don't even think about changing anything about your block! it is Wonderful! there is plenty of contrast- it is a stunning block to be proud of---sometimes keeping it simple can make the biggest impact- your block has the impact.

all of the blocks just keep getting better & better...inspiring enough to keep us going for the duration! (i hope) i know i am inspired all over again every time i (drop by) to see the next one posted
Old 01-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Beautiful block, Janet - is that the green from Connecting Threads? If not, I have something very similar and use it sparingly as I don't have much left! You did a great job.
Yes, Judy... (You have a good eye) I got a bunch of FQ's last year from them. Have not had the opportunity to use them till now. I'm liking this paper piecing, but it is time consuming... Working on Alaska now... with all those I'll be lucky got get it done by the weekend. (I work full time and currently working on 5 quilts.. (in one way or another) at one time. I think I'm nuts!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Finally got all my blocks done for the Boomerang swap so now I can start on these stars.

I am going to try and use mostly 30's prints so we'll see how it goes.

Here's my Alabama
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301896[/ATTACH]

By the way, is everyone leaving their papers on the back of their blocks until they are all finished?
Attached Thumbnails alabama-1-9-12.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM

Iwillquilt.....Beautiful block! Love the colors.

Janet My...5 quilts at a time...I'm impressed.

ckcowl.....Thanks!

Moonwork...Very cute. I'm not leaving the paper on mine. She recommended leaving it on, didn't she. It seems to me that I can't really square up the block with the paper attached. I'll be interested on what others are doing and why.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
"Janet My...5 quilts at a time...I'm impressed."
whitepine.... You should not be impressed... I'm totally nuts... going to burn myself out doing this but I get board looking at one project. So I'm working on the 50 Stars, the BOM at Craftsy, a paper pieced Crazy Quilt of my parents clothes, completing a UFO that I tore apart (because my seams didn't match up), working on a Leader and Ender quilt of 1 1/2" squares, and collecting scraps of fabric from my paper pieced projects to do a confetti quilt. So actually, I'm working on 6 quilts. Oh dear, I am totally nuts.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 AM

I feel they can be done with two colors - just use different shades - it should work. Have made some of these stars - think I would like to try this - one per week is not bad.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 AM

Bobbie, jump right in here anytime.... the Stars have have been amazing. Everyone has chosen different fabrics and there are some really beautiful ones.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 AM

Moonwork. Great star. I take my paper off. Can't imagine doing the whole quilt at once. Too be perfectly honest, I take the paper off before I sew the parts of the block together. Makes it easier for me to match the seams up but that is just me.