Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 425 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

  1. #201
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,810
    Blog Entries
    2
    Kathy, you can be anything you want to be! I am making a list of everyone participating, both the screen name & real name if I know it. I have been refered to as "Quilts" because of my screen name & yes, I really do quilt with convicts!

  2. #202
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Kathy, you can be anything you want to be! I am making a list of everyone participating, both the screen name & real name if I know it. I have been refered to as "Quilts" because of my screen name & yes, I really do quilt with convicts!
    Kathy,
    I was looking at the link for your project, wow, how wonderful. I can't imagine the positive effects quilting have on your guys. Great project!

  3. #203
    Super Member happymrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Welcome to our most recent "joiners"! The cream background does sound lovely and I have to say that I too was a little disappointed in the stitching shown in the book. The pattern is lovely, but I have to admit that looking at some of the close up pics in the book almost put me off a bit. I'm over it now though and excited about making this baby!
    I thought the same thing, that the stitching could have been better. Although if I were doing it by hand I'm not sure mine would be much better, LOL. I looked at Lesley's link to the satin stitched one and that made me much happier.
    Can someone post that link again, I'd like to see it. Must of missed it before! Thanks! I love the patterns, just not sure about the stitching yet...

  4. #204
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,810
    Blog Entries
    2
    Nancy & everyone else, too, here is the link to the quilt that was done on her embroidery machine.

    http://www.cherylquilts.com/affairs_of_the_heart.htm

  5. #205
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,758
    Blog Entries
    9
    Candi, thanks for those links! It sure is interesting seeing all the different choices that people make with this quilt. Fun!!

    I'm thinking of going with the Autumal type colors as well as that is what works in my house. I'm thinking a deep olive type green for the background for mine. I haven't found it quite yet, but then again, I don't need it right this second. It might even look good in a medium type sage green...hmmmm.....darn it..I always think too much (not that it does all that much good :roll:)

  6. #206
    Senior Member Fabric Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    684
    Blog Entries
    3
    I have ordered the book for AOTH and I'm excited about doing applique. I have been quilting for 30 years but I do strip piecing or paper piecing. I have only done machine applique but I am going to try and learn how to applique by hand. I will probably make it the recommended size and I'm not sure about the colors until I look at the pictures in the book.

  7. #207
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Elle,
    I keep looking at you avatar photo, it is so beautiful, is this your town?
    Hi Candi, no its ot my town but a place about 5 Kms away from where we live very pretty. I do live in a very pretty village though. Its funny yousaid that becaus I kept looking at your Avatar and thinking how much it looked like a place in Spain called La Herradura (translated The Horseshoe) because the Bay is inthe shape of one.
    Elle

  8. #208
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,327
    Blog Entries
    19
    My, you have all been chatty while I was tucked up in beddy byes. Candi, your link was very intersting, and that hot pink for the two inner borders was quite inspired. As for most of the others, it's odd, but the settings the makers chose don't appeal to me as much as the original.

    Welcome to the newcomers who are still ordering their books. I think you are doing the right thing waiting to see how the original was made.

    As for the choosing part to suit your bedrooms, that is all part of the fun, isn't it?

  9. #209
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Elle,
    I keep looking at you avatar photo, it is so beautiful, is this your town?
    Hi Candi, no its ot my town but a place about 5 Kms away from where we live very pretty. I do live in a very pretty village though. Its funny yousaid that becaus I kept looking at your Avatar and thinking how much it looked like a place in Spain called La Herradura (translated The Horseshoe) because the Bay is inthe shape of one.
    Elle
    Elle, it is beautiful, Spain is on my list of places to visit. And you are close on my avatar, it is European, it is a shot of Positano, on Italy's Amalfi Coast. Another gorgeous town.

  10. #210
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Candi, thanks for those links! It sure is interesting seeing all the different choices that people make with this quilt. Fun!!

    I'm thinking of going with the Autumal type colors as well as that is what works in my house. I'm thinking a deep olive type green for the background for mine. I haven't found it quite yet, but then again, I don't need it right this second. It might even look good in a medium type sage green...hmmmm.....darn it..I always think too much (not that it does all that much good :roll:)
    Oooh. Pat, then I'll be waiting to see your picks. I thought of a green background, but not sure which shade of green. I need to keep imagining.
    :mrgreen:

Page 21 of 425 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.