Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 AM

Cre8, I am using the Mirage. It is somewhat thinner than LQS fabric, but it is working fine. I do starch it good before I start my applique on it as it does like to fray and the starch stops a lot of that. I am using the indigo mirage and I do love the color.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Cre8, I am using the Mirage. It is somewhat thinner than LQS fabric, but it is working fine. I do starch it good before I start my applique on it as it does like to fray and the starch stops a lot of that. I am using the indigo mirage and I do love the color.
getting my hair done tomorrow [waaaayyyy too much grey! 2 blocks from LQS going out of business :)
I love the Indigo color too - just afraid to use it with the amount of handwork and hours going into this one...
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Ya'll...there is NO rule!! Don't worry about breaking anything!!

Now, lets get back to the fun!

Welcome Lizzy!

Cre8...I haven't used the Mirage, don't know what it feels like, so I can't really help you there. I did buy a stack of their batiks. I think they will work fine and I'm using them for some of the pieces (they actually work better for some of the scrolls because they are thinner), but I wouldn't use any of them for the background or borders. JMHO.
woootie hoo...I just knew it would be alright, cuz there's just too many of us to 'reform', lol!
We're not rebellious, Lace,...we are just quilters! Lots and lots on our minds.
Yes, June 5th is getting ever so much closer and then it will be like confetti around here...all kinds of prints and colors all over the place and slurping and slobbering...oh, I have my bib ready on go! :XD:
Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

A LQS is going out of business??? Oh how sad!...but maybe you can find a great deal!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM

I dont know if any of you have ordered from Z and S fabrics before - they are having an excellent sale right now with quite a few fabrics marked down 50% [more than the LQS that is going out of business ...but I think I'm gonna look there so I can see what I'm getting]

here's the website in case anyone is interested
http://www.zandsfabrics.com
Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the link...darn it...now have to get up to get my CC #...:roll:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Woo Hoo 85 is a wonderful number,maybe 86 now????

I was working on two of the blocks today before work, and I am getting a bit annoyed with myslef...I think I have very high expectations of my limited skills, although I am very much enjoying the process of choosing fabrics, cutting, preparing and appliquing, and I am mildly enjoying the bobbin work, I am unable to look at my block and be satisfied...my hubby says I am looking too close and need to look at the big picture..I am sure he is right, he normally tells me if he thinks I should redo things..but dang it, I just want to be happy with the blocks. It is my first time doing this level of applique and first time doing bobbin work..any words of wisdom or encouragment from all of you talented people? I guess I just need to look at this quilt as a joyful learning experience and just hide it when it is done,lol.
Don't feel bad about your blocks I am a new to Applique' and I have been very hard on myself I am making these blocks 7" by hand some are nicer than others but they say when they are all together we won't notice your mistakes , so just have fun the quilt police will not cart you off to jail so just have fun. can't wait to see your blocks :lol: :thumbup:
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM

I just fnished my DGS's quilt and I used Mirage from CT. I was not at all happy with the fabric. It is much thinner and it ravels if you look at it. The colors were beautiful and the finished quilt is attractive but I don't know how much hard wear it will take. My GS is in college and he has his big black lab with him. I am sure Dozer (his dog) will be sleeping in bed with the quilt. I bought Mirage black for my background and I am seriously thinking about another fabric. I got my fabric from Quilt In a Day today and I love it. I have it in the washing machine right now. I may end up at y LQS after all.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM

I have just decided to go ahead and do the AOTH quilt, Just ordered the boo, don't know what I'm going to do, but am thinking dark background and probably either bright or maybe brights and batiks, I am getting excited at the idea of doing this quilt, I will probably increas the block sizes to make it larger to use on my bed, I' l know more when the book arrives. Ladies, don't get to far ahead of me :-D
Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by danece
I have just decided to go ahead and do the AOTH quilt, Just ordered the boo, don't know what I'm going to do, but am thinking dark background and probably either bright or maybe brights and batiks, I am getting excited at the idea of doing this quilt, I will probably increas the block sizes to make it larger to use on my bed, I' l know more when the book arrives. Ladies, don't get to far ahead of me :-D
Wooo hooo, another convert. Welcome to the AOTH club Danece. As for getting ahead of you, there are a handful of us who Jumped the Gun and started way back (I am a bad influence on them, cos I started first), but most are readying themselves for the start next week, so you aren't behind at all.