Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Woohoo Patty! You are going to have that center done before we know it! Hmmmm....guess you do need to be thinking about that narrow border now :)
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Pab, a few of us have had that problem, just let it hand somewhere where you pass everyday and it will come to you.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Power Poster

Why isn't there some manufacturer out there making lovely border prints in 1.5in strips, with black backgrounds???? I know Flossy is looking hard and not having much luck.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 AM

If you find one, please let me know. :lol: :lol:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 AM

I am using cream colored sateen for the background and I am collecting batiks. I pinned two sample squares and the brighter you choose, it seems to look better.
I want to hand applique it, but I am practicing, practicing, practicing. I will probably be months behind you all, but thank you so much for all your efforts, ideas and time.
I got some bright yellow thread, 2000 yards of it for the embroidery, but that may change as I do not have all my fabric yet.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Why isn't there some manufacturer out there making lovely border prints in 1.5in strips, with black backgrounds???? I know Flossy is looking hard and not having much luck.
I think Jinny Beyer fixed that for us. She has beautiful border prints, but she designs them to be cut up & put into new configurations, so they are wider to allow for that. No one else seems to be doing it, either. There are plenty of stripes out there, but nothing that fills the bill for us. When we were first starting talking, I went searching & couldn't find anything, so started thinking about what I would do instead. Tried to put a nice fabric in it's place, but it wimped out on me. Someone mentioned doing shark tooth borders & I though that would work perfectly. Found my perfect fabric & love how it turned out, even if I didn't do it right.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 AM

Welcome, MrsGuava. OK where in the world are you? When you mentioned that you bought 2000 yds of yellow thread for the embroidery, I gathered that you are someplace other than the lower 48. "Guava" indicates tropical to me.

Cream sateen with batiks sounds yummy! Are you doing the original size of 7" or are you going to enlarge the blocks?

You aren't going to be very far behind us. We only just started working on the 3rd row of the center of the quilt. If you have read all the AOTH associated threads, you know that several of us have Jumped The Gun & dashed ahead, but there are others that are working at their own pace. There is a schedule that you can follow, if you want, but you don't have to. Some of the ladies have started out by picking out some of the easier blocks to begin with & are working up to the harder blocks. I called one of the blocks the "devil" block, not because it was so hard, but because it caused me fits. Everything that could go wrong, did! Got it finished & everything since then has been a breeze, well, sort of!

Happy stitching!

Kathy

The Devil Block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238289.jpe  
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
just a question...

does anyone know how many of us are actually working on AOTH?? [no matter how sloooooowwwwlly??]
There are some of us, that just bought the book but haven't committed on the board to making it. I am kind of out here lurking, but have every intention of getting started, of course I still have to keep up with my other BOM that I am into. LOL
Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by mshollysd

There are some of us, that just bought the book but haven't committed on the board to making it. I am kind of out here lurking, but have every intention of getting started, of course I still have to keep up with my other BOM that I am into. LOL
Molly, you can jump in any time you want. We'll be here. Everyone of us is working at their own pace, some are finished and some barely got started.
I would never have thought about doing this quilt myself, but so glad I joined this great group, even though I am way out of my league, I have about a dozen blocks done and they look decent enough. Many tips, Ideas and encouragement is shared here.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to those just starting! I have slowed tremendously as I knew I would during the summer. There is just so much going on right now that takes me elsewhere...I'm trying to at least keep my fingers on it and plod along slowly....so...its just fine to start at any time and go at your own pace!